Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Twitter and Facebook

Options
  • 21-03-2009 5:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17

Hi,

I am doing a college project on social networking sites such as Facebook and Twitter and how companies use these sites to attract and engage their target market. Just wondering how many Irish people actually use Twitter? Do you use it and like it, or is Twitter just the next craze which will soon blow over?

Also do you follow companies on Facebook, Bebo, Twitter etc and what do you think of them advertising their products there... is it all a bit annoying, or is it a great marketing tool.:pac: Let me know what you think, Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭gar32

I see you have not got many people giving you feed back. I am interest in these site as ways to promote companies but have just started. After a few weeks research it seems to be just starting here but more used in the U.S. personaly I used to use the sites myspace and facebook alot when they 1st started but now I try deal with real people in the word. I find this site more focused and better at dealing with issue or subject that I have. Keep us updated on your project and hope you learn lots :)

Reagds gar32

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

I use twitter, I think its good fun and follow things like radio stations and shows or celebrities and some friends of mine. Not interested in brands advertising and normally I block them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Lunar_Wire

LadyDee wrote: »
    Hi,
    Also do you follow companies on Facebook, Bebo, Twitter etc and what do you think of them advertising their products there... is it all a bit annoying, or is it a great marketing tool.:pac: Let me know what you think, Thanks!

Hey,
    I resent being advertised to with a vengence. I find it more than annoying. I never click the adverts, since it adds to the click-through rate of the page. I think technologies like Phorm:http://www.phorm.com/ are invasive and compromise peoples privacy.
    The recent controversy over Facebooks' terms and conditions shows that they are now attempting to own the content their users' post. See http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/lifestyle/technology-gadgets/facebook-users-to-vote-on-new-privacy-policy-14268744.html
    I think I am very much in the minority, but I've resisted using social networks for these reasons. Today Facebook claimed they would allow users to vote on the terms and conditions but their does not seem to be a page for doing so. I re-activated my account just to vote. Thing is the No side need 50 million votes, the yes need none!
    I think we're stuck with the goods and evils of the networking sites, but that most people are pretty complacent about the evils. We tend to turn a blind eye to these things until it's too late. Case in point is banks and incompetent governance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 diaadriansyah

LadyDee wrote: »
    Hi,

I am doing a college project on social networking sites such as Facebook and Twitter and how companies use these sites to attract and engage their target market. Just wondering how many Irish people actually use Twitter? Do you use it and like it, or is Twitter just the next craze which will soon blow over?

I'm used twitter and facebook, Good for connected everyone around the world. I love it

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭redenemyjoe

Not sure if you're still checking this. I did an essay for a friends college assignment about Society and Networking through Bebo, it may be a bit basic but I'll send it to you if you want.

Pm me if you're interested.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭Slideshowbob

Anyone know how to have tweets posted directly to a Business page on Facebook? I am an admin on the FB business page

Thanks

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement