Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stoning of Cavan bus in Kells

• 21-03-2009 5:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭

Does anybody know anything about the stoning of a Cavan bus in Kells which was travelling either to or from a football match against Meath back in the 50's or 60's.?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 270 ✭✭bicardi19

Don't know much about it but Ive heard it happened allright!!

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Bog Butter

Do you know what year it was exactly?

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭Wudyaquit

Don't know about stones or the 50s and 60s, but when Cavan fans were coming back from the Semi-final against Kerry in 97, there were scumbags out in force spitting and throwing bog roll atl the cars as they went by.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭Gadjodilo

Wudyaquit wrote: »
    Don't know about stones or the 50s and 60s, but when Cavan fans were coming back from the Semi-final against Kerry in 97, there were scumbags out in force spitting and throwing bog roll atl the cars as they went by.

I heard that too. It was discussed and condemned at council meetings. It was like a mini diplomatic incident. We nearly went to war with The Hordes from the Plains.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭flanum

there is a mention of it in this clip: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NdrgYUzkeFY

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Farls

Wudyaquit wrote: »

I was on one of them buses, never seen as much spit on a CN yok in all my life!

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭muincav

Farls wrote: »
    I was on one of them buses, never seen as much spit on a CN yok in all my life!

It happened allright-there was even a window broken on one of the busses and there was a priest sitting at the window, and the story came from him. Cant remember who he was but he condemned it at the time..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Farls

muincav wrote: »
    It happened allright-there was even a window broken on one of the busses and there was a priest sitting at the window, and the story came from him. Cant remember who he was but he condemned it at the time..

I meant I was on one of the buses coming from the 97 semi against kerry now...not that old yet!!!

Advertisement