Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC broadband availability in Belarmine, Sandyford, Dublin 18?

Options
  • 21-03-2009 6:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

Since I've heard that UPC's online availability checker is notorious for giving out incorrect information, I was wondering if anyone here has broadband from UPC up in Belarmine in Sandyford (or is it Stepaside - I seem to find it listed as both)? I'll be moving there next month and wanted to get an idea if I'll be able to "take" my existing UPC package with me? It is possible to do so, if it's available but I wanted to get an idea first - I'll be calling them on Monday to confirm, but if anyone knows for sure, I would appreciate it. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭jaffa20

Well it should be. I lived in the industrial estate and it was available there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭J-blk

Cool, thanks Jaffa20 - I should find out at some point tomorrow either way...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

J-Blk,
    Any update on this? I'm moving to Belarmine myself and want to know what the service is like?
    Any issues during peak periods?

Thanks

HJ

• Registered Users Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭J-blk

Hey Heebusjeebus - yep, got it installed as soon as I moved in. Kudos to UPC for that - I called them up with the date I was moving in and they sent an engineer out the very next day to get everything installed.

I'm on the 20Mb package and it's been fine for the most part - full speeds on non peak hours and drops to around 10Mb at worse, which is in fact way better than the kind of speeds I was getting during peak hours in the city center. There was one major outage in the area a few weeks ago, BB was down all of Saturday and a good bit of Sunday but no issues since...

Advertisement