Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sony DA5300ES firmware update?

• 21-03-2009 6:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20

Bought this amp last year and everything about is the dogs...but I cannot use the upscaling features i.e component device (Wii/Sony DVD player) output over HDMI as it just give out a washed out/overbright image connected to either a Samsung 46" LCD or a Panasonic AE900 projector. My brother purchased the same amp about a month later and he has no such problems with the Wii or anything else (tried out his Wii, cables, etc...) but after checking out the firmware on both amps his revisions are higher than mine. The Sony website ain't helpful to say the least. Any ideas on how to go about getting this updated? (pity they don't allow updates over the web like Denon...you'd think they would give the 1500euro it cost)...Macker515

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 717 ✭✭✭akaSol

http://esupport.sony.com/perl/news-item.pl?mdl=STRDA5300ES&news_id=252&mdl=STRDA5300ES
    And unless you can find the binary's for your AMP its unlikely that you are going to be able to "Flash" it at home.
    Service centre time (B A V S Unit 9,Cookstown Enterprise Park, Belgard Road, Tallaght,D24 )

>Sol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Macker515

Thanks for the reply....I'd read that on the USA site...nice send you out a new amp or collect and return your own....pity not the same level of service this side of the pond.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 717 ✭✭✭akaSol

Yea.
    If wishes where horses.
    Ask BAVS can they do the upgrade. But don't hold your breath on the "Exchange" from Sony.

>Sol

Advertisement