Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for a particular book. . . .

Options
  • 21-03-2009 7:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10

Hi all,

I read a book a few years ago called 'The Century'. It was a cracking read and I'd like to read it again.The problem is I don't know the author or any other specifics.

The story starts with two friends heading off to WW1 and follows their story through the 20th century. The central character works his way up through a news paper called, you've guessed it, 'The Century'.

As you can imagine it is difficult to find online due to the title. when searching I get a ton of unrelated results.

Does it sound familiar to anybody?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭randomguy

Just did some googling: could it be this?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Century_(1981_novel)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 363 ✭✭Locamon

Sounds like an interesting read must look to pick up a copy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 markoneeyeball

randomguy wrote: »
    Just did some googling: could it be this?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Century_(1981_novel)

Thanks for your reply.

This is not the one I'm looking for. My one is based in Fleet st, London. Having read the article on the book you mention it sounds like an American based version of the same book. Never heard of this being done before!

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭Graceland

Was looking up the internet to see if I could help you out. I found a book called The Century by Michael Molloy. It is about 5 generations - there is a newspaper in it called The Century, and it mentioned fleet street too.
    I think this could be it - sounds a bit like it anyway. Hope it is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 markoneeyeball

Graceland wrote: »
    Was looking up the internet to see if I could help you out. I found a book called The Century by Michael Molloy. It is about 5 generations - there is a newspaper in it called The Century, and it mentioned fleet street too.
    I think this could be it - sounds a bit like it anyway. Hope it is.

Thanks for your help. This sounds like it allright! I hope its as good as I remember now. . .

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 316 ✭✭callmescratch

Out of print markoneeyeball. Available second hand on the interweb tho

Advertisement