Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

raw power

Options
  • 21-03-2009 8:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭

anyone stay up till all hours to watch phil alexander,ann kirk and krusher
    good ****

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

That's a blast from the past, what was it called in the late 80's before it got changed to Raw Power? Was it the Power Hour or the Power something?

Amanda Redington used to present it before Phil Alexander came along.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,493 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

what channel is it on?

what channel is it on?

I think the OP was asking if anyone watched it before. It was pretty much the only metal on tv here in the late 80's/early 90's. It used to be on once a week late at night. I think it went off the air in the mid or late 90's

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,493 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

ah kinda like headbangers ball then?

ah kinda like headbangers ball then?

Yep, pretty much a british version of that

• Advertisement

aw ya,pity theres no show like them around anymore,there were very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

jesus that brings back some memories. along with headbangers ball it was the only way to see rock/metal videos on tv. i used to have an awful crush on headbangers ball presenter vanessa warwick:o

anyone remember the relatively shortlived RAW magazine,i still have a few knocking around in the wardrobe.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭endasmail

lord lucan wrote: »
    jesus that brings back some memories. along with headbangers ball it was the only way to see rock/metal videos on tv. i used to have an awful crush on headbangers ball presenter vanessa warwick:o

met vanessa warick under the stage at a megadeth concert that was being recorded for mtv headbangers ball ,only had time to shout hello before been reefed out by the bouncers

Kess73 wrote: »
    That's a blast from the past, what was it called in the late 80's before it got changed to Raw Power? Was it the Power Hour or the Power something?

Amanda Redington used to present it before Phil Alexander came along.[/quote

could be wrong but wasnt it changed from raw power to noisy mothers or something like that

• Registered Users Posts: 10,599 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

Raw Power was on UTV if i recall correctly, Krusher was a knob-end of the highest order too. It got changed to Noisy Mothers around 93-94 I think.

Hated the program, the presenters just didn't seem to have a clue, and Vanessa Warwick was much better looking to watch on MTV :D

• Advertisement

and Vanessa Warwick was much better looking to watch on MTV :D

haha your right

endasmail wrote: »
    Kess73 wrote: »

Amanda Redington used to present it before Phil Alexander came along.[/quote

could be wrong but wasnt it changed from raw power to noisy mothers or something like that

Yep, just did an online check on it and the names were..

Power Hour, changing to Raw Power, then to Noisey Mothers/Muthas

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

Two words, gentlemen. Nikki Groocock :D

Jaysus, those lonely hours after the James Whale show ended and Power Hour/Raw Power began. Still have a load of tapes of videos from that show :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭slavetothegrind

Seem to remember vanessa getting a lot of stick 'cause of her other half Ricky of Almighty fame.
    From Sebastian bach and Slayer spring to mind!

What was that other show with Kerrang guy Mick Wall, fecin eejit used to have a thunder and lightening effect on tap to be cool!:rolleyes:

Old as i am we used to endure a whole two hours of tripe on MTUSA just to see a mama's boys video! ( i was young then and hard rock was never on tv):o

• Registered Users Posts: 1 rim1

Hey mate, u still have those episodes on Video?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭peter1892

'Monsters of Rock' was the Mick Wall show on the old Sky channel back in the late 1980's...

RAW magazine was on sale for maybe 5 or 6 years (88/89 until 94-ish, maybe beyond that). Then it changed from being a Rock/Metal publication to an indie one! Then it disappeared (possibly swallowed up by the NME but I might be wrong about that).

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭horgan_p

Lot of firsts from that show :
    Napalm death, morbid angel videos.
    We hadn't much in Midleton

• Registered Users Posts: 3,654 ✭✭✭AllGunsBlazing

Pretty sure the first time I ever saw Nirvana's 'Teen Spirit' video was while watching this show. They also showed an interview clip at the Hard Rock Cafe (or some place that) with the three of them mucking about on a Harley Davidson. I remember thinking how completely un-rockstar-ish they were.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 212 ✭✭thrashmetalfan

I used to love watching that show too. I loved krusher jules when he reviewed all the albums every week. but I seem to remember having to sit through all the glam metal hairspray nonsense just so I could see one or two thrash metal videos. I remember nuclear assault and sepultura videos on the show.

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭RVD420

Rock on! Rock hard! Rock ANIMAL!

• Advertisement
Advertisement