Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New phone?

• 21-03-2009 8:58pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,
    i have had a company phone for past 2 years but losing it in a couple weeks. So need to buy a new phone.
    Any reccommendations?
    Want to spend in the region of €50 a month on my bill.

Anybody recommend which operator or price plan to go with from your own experiences?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭mathew

from my own experience, Meteor are very good. There customer service isnt great, but I rarely have to deal with them, if I do I just make sure to talk to someone higer up than the standard operator and ususally get any problems sorted pretty easily.
    Meteor tend to be the cheapest. They have some nice bill pay packages, especially theire €10 a month one, sign up for that offer ends on the 31st March by the way.

Phone wise, they have a reasonable selection. Personally, Im a high end Nokia fan. The E51 for example. S60 platform, wifi, 3G, bluetooth, good camera etc.
    Another one would be the 6210, which has full GPS on it to. Bit of a gimic if you ask me, but kinda cool all the same.

Phones are here: http://phones.meteor.ie/phones

Plans are here: http://meteor.ie/plans/bill_pay/

edit: The Sony W910i looks very nice too..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭aster99

Ya Meteor seems good. I was thinking maybe about the Talk 300 plan.
    The 6210 is interesting, wonder what quality the GPS is

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭mathew

I have GPS on my E66. Its pretty good. Very handy in a city or town you dont know. Its a bit heavy on battery but not too bad.
    My one doesnt do turn by turn, but I can upgrade it. If the phone is advertised as GPS it probably does do turn by turn.

The GPS is no replacement for my Garmin in the car, but its nice to have one in my pocket for whenever I want it since I dont carry the Garmin around.

It also keeps me amused on the bus every now and then, wheather browsing the map just for the craic (great fun, I know) or watching the bus and its speed...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭towel401

meteor bill pay lite + buy your own E51 unlocked. the other bill pay thigns are much more expensive because they factor in the cost of subsidising a phone

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,182 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

Have my E51 a year now, and no problems. Switching to bill pay lite at the end of the month once my free texts are up :)

No phone bill for eight months :pac:

• Advertisement
Advertisement