Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help in finding Chorus modem settings

Options
  • 21-03-2009 9:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,492 ✭✭✭

Could anyone please help me get into the setting menu of a scientific atlantica modem on chorus. I'm trying to get into the security settings to set up a wii and i'm having no luck. I've tried 198.168.1.1 etc to get into on browser but it's not working. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

Is default for cable modems.

As its a modem rather than a router it will have no settings to be changed, ie no firewalls or Port forwarding.

If your going through a router thats your problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

There are no settings. It's just a modem.

If you want more than one device/gadget/PC etc you need to add a router (not a DSL only one).

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭lambchops

http://192.168.100.1/_aslvl.asp will at first pop up a login. enter admin as the username and W2402 as the password. this will then bring you to a login page, select level 3 and eneter W2402 as the password with no username and it'll give you full access.

This will do bugger all for you because there is no router built into the modem and no firewall either. Essentially to setup a wii all you have to do is either add it to the wireless networwk or cable it up directly.

Advertisement