Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Spring Gallops

• 21-03-2009 9:11pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭

This was taken this morning on the Curragh gallops where the horses were being worked in very heavy fog. I had a different version in my head but unfortunately it didn't come to fruition :(

The opening day of the flat meeting starts on Sunday at the curragh. If anyone is interested in taking photos of the horses there then you can drive over to the 6 and 7 furlong starts on the old Newbridge to Kildare road. You don't have to pay to be at these areas either as there is a public viewing area at both starts outside the course but you are literally on the rail.

E7B4AEAA7852428AA0093EE0D02F6524.jpg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭mehfesto2

Stunner.
    Great composition. The daffodils are a nice touch too!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭stick-dan

i agree with mehfesto2 nearly completely, stunning picture, i think the daffs seem out of place, maybe its just me. but great picture all the same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

Excellent shots,Advertising quaility but can't think of the advert it could be for :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Ballyman

I was asked to leave after that shot in case I spooked the horses as they didn't see me until the last minute :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭mehfesto2

Ballyman wrote: »
    I was asked to leave after that shot in case I spooked the horses as they didn't see me until the last minute :(

Imagine!
    They race with thousands of people screaming at them, whilst being battered by a dwarf with a whip for no particular reason.. but a chap with a camera taking pictures might put them off... :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭stick-dan

Ah i see i think they are a tad bit too bright for the whole photo. maybe its just me... i dunno...as i said its great anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 279 ✭✭TheNorthBank

Brilliant shot, I love the way the horse is about to gallop off into the fog, almost like a ghost or something. The daffs do seem to take from the overall picture though. Just my 2 cents, still think its an absolutely class shot, well caught.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭af_thefragile

Perfect shot!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,256 ✭✭✭LeoB

Great shot. I like the daff's. You probably could play around with it a bit. How about if the daff's were the only colour bit in shot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭AnimalRights

Great picture and for me the Daffs very much add to it, especially since it's Mothers day too!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭shepthedog

Stunning shot, love it. Brilliant composition and atmosphere..

Advertisement