Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BSG 2003 S4E20/21 'Daybreak Part 2/Part 3' ***Spoilers***

Options
  • 21-03-2009 9:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,702 ✭✭✭✭

So this is it the final episode ever

Synopsis:
    Admiral Adama leads a group of volunteers aboard the Galactica into a dangerous mission to rescue Hera. With the decrepit condition of the ship, Adama understands that this will likely be the final mission of the Galactica.

As the personnel face possible death in the battle, they recall key moments from their time on Caprica before the Cylon holocaust

What did you think of the final episode ever ? 192 votes

5 star
    0% 0 votes
    4 star
    58% 113 votes
    3 star
    27% 53 votes
    2 star
    10% 20 votes
    1 star
    3% 6 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,702 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Just set up the poll,surprised nobody else did it yet .:p
    Anyway absolutely mindblowing episode 10/10.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,380 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Do we really need a new thread every 2 hours about this?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Mena

Overheal wrote: »

Yes we do, it was that good :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭Leprachaun

Yep. :pac:

It's not like there's going to be many threads in here from now on anyway.

Anyway as I said in the other thread,it was great but the ending dragged on a bit. I'll watch it again today (sober this time :P) in better quality and then I'll see if it was an 8 or a 9 for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 472 ✭✭Metacortex

10/10

Amazing. I loved it, totally satisified

• Advertisement

This one has a poll though.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭tvnutz

Just get a mod to put a poll in the first thread where most people have posted.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Great episode, although I am left feeling slightly underwhelmed by it all the same.

Anyone else feel a bit sad watching the SFX of Galactica 'breaking her back'? I was willing the old girl to hold it together. I thought she was going to lose her flight pods at the very least!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭OmegaRed

Great episode, although I am left feeling slightly underwhelmed by it all the same.

Anyone else feel a bit sad watching the SFX of Galactica 'breaking her back'? I was willing the old girl to hold it together. I thought she was going to lose her flight pods at the very least!

I kinda feel overwhelmed by the whole thing. I always get way to wrapped up in series that I watch but this is different as its caught me on such a spiritual level. I myself am very spiritual and putting things down to the faith of God is a good answer for me. saying that, I do feel the Kara story should have been better played out.

How is everyone else feeling after the end of one of the best shows in TV history (IMHO)?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭OmegaRed

Who gave it 1 star and why?

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Tazzle

Underwhelmed. Completely. If that raptor at the end had just nuked them all at the cylon colony it would have been more satisfying.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

Almost perfect.

5/5

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

can we have one fracking thread

Thats an americanism :confused:

Anyway the poll is bogus, there is no option for 6 stars, or over 9000 stars.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 668 ✭✭✭karen3212

Thats an americanism :confused:

More importantly, which part of america is it from?:P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,387 ✭✭✭Cina

I guess I'm the only one who didn't really like it.

Over the last 2 seasons the plot has delved in to something almost impossible to explain. They explained it, but in a ridiculous manner.

Disappointed.

Yeah, but in fairness, where else could they have gone with the show? Oh look, we found earth! You win! Would have been kinda lame. I like the way it was finished very much. And this is an Atheist.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,354 ✭✭✭✭noodler

I was definetely underwhelmed but I wouldn't go as far as to say I didn't like it.

It was too much of a goody-goody ending. I actually think it would have been more meaningful if Cavil or somebody had nuked the planet they were on but that wasn't really possible because it was made quite clear it was our earth.

Are we all in agreement that Kara was only an angel after she died? Why was her mother going on at her about a special destiny then? Hell how did Leoben know in season 1? (Thats probably a cheap shot though because much was undecided back then). It almost seems like overkilll having two angels in characters minds and then a physical angel to boot just to guide humanity.

I never expected the Tory/Chief/Cally storyline would be so important. I also found it unbelievable that Cavil was so easily persuaded by Baltar's ramblings (Was he seeing angels too?).

I thought it was absolutely hilarious when Cavil killed himself-it was like something out of South Park if I am honest! Also did anyone think the centurions kept going down way too easy? I mean in season 2 we established only explosive rounds have any effect yet machine gun bullets were absolutely ripping them apart on the Colony (except of course for the ones surrounding Cavil-they were invincible again!).

The Opera House bit was well worked in alright-also the fact it was actually head baltar and head six in the president and Athena's visions. Come to think of it, why was Athena having visions? I think it was established that all the skinjobs had the Opera House vision though.

It was genuinely sad when it came to Adama and Roslin. Easily the most emotive part of the episode for me.

I would have totally done Starbuck on the table by the way!

Sad its over and I really need a second watch of that.

EDIT: Oh and the robots and the end was completely over the top in my opinion and I also wondered about the 'it doesn't like being called god'. If he wasn't one then why would they hold him in such reference that he would be an 'it'? Surely he would just be our boss....Joe or something!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 325 ✭✭Derek Coleman

Negative comments are oblivious to me because that was the best thing I have ever seen. Anything negative said about that ending is just wrong.

Every question has been answered. A "GOD" was helping shape these events.

Regarding the Kara Thrace ending...... I'm completely fine with it. She was dead. She knew she was dead. We seen her die, Lee seen her die. She put her photo on the dead people wall. She found her own body. She was ressurrected by GOD to fulfill her destiny. Anders said "See you on the other side" before he died, which in retrospect means he was about to join her in the afterlife. There's nothing wrong with that ending. They actually spelt it out for us but we didn't listen. I see no need for any other explanation.
    Baltar said to Cavil "People see Angels of GOD. Loved ones have died and ressurrected."

Negative comments are oblivious to me because that was the best thing I have ever seen. Anything negative said about that ending is just wrong.

Every question has been answered. A "GOD" was helping shape these events.

Regarding the Kara Thrace ending...... I'm completely fine with it. She was dead. She knew she was dead. We seen her die, Lee seen her die. She put her photo on the dead people wall. She found her own body. She was ressurrected by GOD to fulfill her destiny. Anders said "See you on the other side" before he died, which in retrospect means he was about to join her in the afterlife. There's nothing wrong with that ending. They actually spelt it out for us but we didn't listen. I see no need for any other explanation.
    Baltar said to Cavil "People see Angels of GOD. Loved ones have died and ressurrected."

Come on now, don't be so boring. Message boards are for discussion!

Since your the only other person up lets argue about some of the stuff in my post. Bear in mind I JUSt saw it though. Lets start with the Kara Thrace destiny predictions by her mother and Leoben well before she died.

Were you the one saying the 'New Caprica: Before the Fall: in part one was a misleader for the people championing a Second Earth?

• Advertisement

Noodler - I think the line "It doesn't like that name" is to make sure that we don't think of it as any single religion. Maybe they just want to generalise it so that we don't just assume its Christianity's GOD. Its a higher power, no need to pigeon hole it and offend anyone!! :confused: I don't know.

I'm having a hard time accepting its over, I cant argue with anyone right now I'll just end up crying. :(

I mentioned before that I thought there was a second Earth but had no idea because who the hell knew!! I just can't believe you weren't completely satisfied by that. :eek: Its like I dont even know who you are anymore!

Edit: No i didnt post that about New Caprica being the second Earth but I did think it! Ha.

And the Kara Thrace thing about her having a destiny....... Well you just have to say that her mother and Leoben were told by GOD. HA, its that simple.

I think that sounds about right about the god line-just a few of us looking for something that isn't there.

I guess it was too formulaic? I don't think the near year long wait between 4.0 and 4.5 helped either. We had too much time to discuss the possibilities. Nothing in the episode surprised me. I mean I had a smile when we saw earth but surprised? Can't say that I was.

In the end the whole thing could arguably be boiled down to the main theme in Terminator.

It will be interesting to see if Head Baltar makes an appearance in the plan. His role could have done with a little fleshing out. The more I think of it actually it seems the whole Tigh-Caprica thing was an absolutely pointless exercise!

It is a little sad they all decided to die away from each other though-nice way to explain why there are no ship parts left by our era was to just stick em in the sun alright! I honestly thought Kara was going to go into the sun with Anders.

Did she say "I don't love you"?

God Im just typing lines and lines of observations and questions without any structure now! It was a long two hours.

No she tells him she loves him. Which was nice cause she gave him a lotta **** when he wasn't a goldfish/cylon and was a human/cylon. I just think that this show has had so much doom and gloom that they deserved a good ending and we didn't need any big twists or surprises just for the sake of it.

I am a stubborn Atheist. I would go as far as to say that I hate religion, but the religious theme of this show is brilliant to me. I don't have to believe in a god..... I just have to believe that they do!!

And seriously man I was grinning like an idiot when you could see Africa from space.

I did wonder why we had to see Roslins flashback or anyones flashback because only Anders one made sense because he couldn't say anything while he was having a bath so I think his was PERFECTLY done.
    But I'm very forgiving when it comes to tv shows that peek my interest. I'll let a lot slide under the radar because I know that picking holes in it only hinders my enjoyment so I'm only hurting myself!!

The scene where Adama has buried Laura Roslin and is telling her about where he will build the house is heart breaking.
    But more importantly this is probably what was meant by the leader not living to enter the new land (or in this case her home with Bill.)

noodler wrote: »
    EDIT: Oh and the robots and the end was completely over the top in my opinion and I also wondered about the 'it doesn't like being called god'. If he wasn't one then why would they hold him in such reference that he would be an 'it'? Surely he would just be our boss....Joe or something!
    The last 3 minutes are what sells the whole show for me though. Are you kidding? What better way to land the message home. Ron Moore was spot on.

As for "It" - you assume that "God" is a person or being.

OmegaRed wrote: »
    How is everyone else feeling after the end of one of the best shows in TV history (IMHO)?

I concur.I dont think I've ever been so sad at the finish of a series.
    I'll really miss this show,it went out with a bang.

The last 3 minutes are what sells the whole show for me though. Are you kidding? What better way to land the message home. Ron Moore was spot on.

As for "It" - you assume that "God" is a person or being.

The robots at the end were horrible and ruined a serious conclusion for me. We hardly needed the terminator message rammed home anymore did we?

Anyway, a quick search shows plenty of people found the last robot scenes far too cheesy.

BTW

And OH MY GOD I am sorry if this has been mentioned before but I am just looking at the Last Supper Picture and there is a challice beside Tigh where theres also an empty space.

How obvious is it that Ellen is the fifth now?

No she tells him she loves him. Which was nice cause she gave him a lotta **** when he wasn't a goldfish/cylon and was a human/cylon. I just think that this show has had so much doom and gloom that they deserved a good ending and we didn't need any big twists or surprises just for the sake of it.

I am a stubborn Atheist. I would go as far as to say that I hate religion, but the religious theme of this show is brilliant to me. I don't have to believe in a god..... I just have to believe that they do!!

And seriously man I was grinning like an idiot when you could see Africa from space.

I did wonder why we had to see Roslins flashback or anyones flashback because only Anders one made sense because he couldn't say anything while he was having a bath so I think his was PERFECTLY done.
    But I'm very forgiving when it comes to tv shows that peek my interest. I'll let a lot slide under the radar because I know that picking holes in it only hinders my enjoyment so I'm only hurting myself!!

Not very religious myself but I can't hate it when I see all the good it does. My grandparents for instance, and I am sure millions of others from that generation, the whole religious theme in Ireland especially entrenched the idea of family and community which isn't really a bad thing in my book.

I know you don't want to pick holes in what you love but, at the same time, if all we did was big up the show then you wouldn't really need a message board.

Roslin was still the dieing leader for me, not the ship. Agreed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭quigo

Happy and Sad that the show has finally ended. Favourite alongside the wire for all time best programme. I can only wish that the other programmes that I watch finish with such definite finality.

Was initially disappointed that they didn't kill of a few characters in a glorious finale. Felt similar in ways to LOR that most of the main characters lived.

I have to say that I feel for the Adama lads.... they are seriously along the poor chaps, can't say that they deserve it after all they did.

Really enjoyed the scene near the end with the Adama's, Coddle, Tigh and Balthar when they were people watching. Very David Attenborough/National Geographic. Also when Mr Hoshi became Admiral and an Irishman the president ;-)

Upon balance an absolutely wonderful series in so many different ways. Excellent characters plot lines and twists. Delighted that I followed it from beginning to start. In saying that can't say I have any interest in watching caprica. Feel that BSG is best left alone now. ALONE.

Thought the end of the episode was kinda pessimistic despite what 6 had to say. Personally would have preferred had the show ended with the general scattering. In saying that it did give me the whole Oh this was actually based in the past shock, so upon balance its worth it.

I do hope that in the fullness of time that this show does get the reward that it truly deserves.

Advertisement