Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Top 10 worst Irish accents on film

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Rebel021

Tom Cruise in far and away is the worst for me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

For me it was the girl in The Decent (who is actually Irish). The character was a sterotypical hyperactive mad Irish girl who had to say Fúúk sake every two mins :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

Boondock Saints.
    (the one about the 2 irish brothers) havent seen it in years, but im fairly sure one had a derry accent and the other a dublin one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭A7X

Brad Pit in snatch

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭Captain-America

Joe Viterelli, the guy who played Gwyneth Paltrow's father in Shallow Hal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,718 ✭✭✭The Mad Hatter

In fairness to Connory's accent in Darby O'Gill, it's not as bad as his acting.

I love the way he takes punches like they're thrown three feet in front of him, or forgets which way he's supposed to be looking by the bedside.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

In fairness to Connory's accent in Darby O'Gill, it's not as bad as his acting.

I love the way he takes punches like they're thrown three feet in front of him, or forgets which way he's supposed to be looking by the bedside.

For she is my dear, my darlin' one, her eyes are sparklin' full of fun, no other, no other could match the likes of her..........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Can I include the entire cast of Heroes who resided in Cork. Sweet Jesus they were bad accents.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Mossy Monk wrote: »
    Can I include the entire cast of Heroes who resided in Cork. Sweet Jesus they were bad accents.
    I think was films, but they certainly do rank up there as the worst ever. Especially the dude from Enterprise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

A7X wrote: »
    Brad Pit in snatch
    I hate doing double posts when multi post is available, but sometimes I forget.
    Anyway, He got a vote as one of the best for snatch.
    Anyone who has ever me a traveller knows that the accent he portrayed was off. It was close in parts, but never hit the mark properly.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭laura l

i couldn't get over how "diddly eye" the put on Irish accents were in "PS, I Love You", especially given as it is supposedly set in present day Ireland.

i really liked "The Wind that Shakes the Barley" but the Cork City accents on the boys playing hurling at the beginning cracked me up, seeing as they were supposed to be from West Cork!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 861 ✭✭✭KeyLimePie

The cork accents in heroes, most atrocious things ever

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭S.I.R

that movie with harrison ford and the ira in America.... so bad i cant remember the name of it...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Jon Voight (Angelina's Da) in The General was good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,715 ✭✭✭Gryzor

Pierce Brosnan in anything where he's cast as irish...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭UpTheSlashers

Brad Pit in snatch

Didnt think he was too far off, and was hilarious anyway!

Anyone remember that guy in the Simpsons movie? :(

And the recent Paddy's day episode was disgraceful

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭CamperMan

Brad Pit in snatch

the film was fu¢king brilliant, that is pikey language he is speaking and pulls it off OK!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭Lollipops23

Terry wrote: »
    I think was films, but they certainly do rank up there as the worst ever. Especially the dude from Enterprise.
    that guy is actually irish though!colm meaney!!

i reckon the irish accents in PS I love you were the worst, they all sounded like leprechauns.

have to say though, kate hudson was superb in About Adam.really spot on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭S.I.R

Didnt think he was too far off, and was hilarious anyway!

Anyone remember that guy in the Simpsons movie? :(

And the recent Paddy's day episode was disgraceful

i agree 110 %, bono shoulda been killed imho

• Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭mental07

Julia Roberts in 'Michael Collins' for the lose.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

S.I.R wrote: »
    that movie with harrison ford and the ira in America.... so bad i cant remember the name of it...
    The Devil's Own.
    mental07 wrote: »
    Julia Roberts in 'Michael Collins' for the lose.
    She ruined that film and didn't even get her tits out as compensation. Disgraceful person.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Tom Cruise is worth a mention, but the worst I've seen/heard in a long time in Richard Gere in the Jackal. Cringe cinema.

Terry wrote: »
    I hate doing double posts when multi post is available, but sometimes I forget.
    Anyway, He got a vote as one of the best for snatch.
    Anyone who has ever me a traveller knows that the accent he portrayed was off. It was close in parts, but never hit the mark properly.

Aye, totally off in my opinion. I mean there were Irish actors around him and that emphisised it even more.

CamperMan wrote: »
    the film was fu¢king brilliant, that is pikey language he is speaking and pulls it off OK!

Yeah the film was good but all he was doing was mumbling with a crap irish accent.... oh wait

Advertisement