Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Internet providers Help!!!

Options
  • 21-03-2009 10:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 37

Hello people, Can anyone let me know if they know of a Internet Service provider, I am in between Ballycarney, and Scarawalsh Roundabout! in a dip!!
    At minute I am using Vodafone mobile, quite slow but on trial! I have tried Regional! Omnitel, and B. Broadband but no success!!! anyone know if I got a phone line put in can Eircom or BT get broadband in this area!! Thanks..:o

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭NeoRox

For wireless providers you could try permanet - www.permanet.ie or skytel - www.skytel.ie

If you want to go the phone line route you could try your neighbours telephone number on eircom's line checker but that is no guarantee that you would be able to get it once you got your phone in.

hth

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭FreeEnergy

Don't go with 3.

Anyone else, but not 3.

Ask anyone who's been with (and now dumped) three.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 528 ✭✭✭FrCrilly

NeoRox wrote: »
    If you want to go the phone line route you could try your neighbours telephone number on eircom's line checker but that is no guarantee that you would be able to get it once you got your phone in.

As long as it's the same phone line and you request that a connection capable of broadband is installed, I can't see any problem. (Not an expert, but observed my phone line being upgraded to broadband last year)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 eyefordetail

Not sure what problems FreeEnergy has experienced with 3 but i'd be interested to hear. I'm not sure about Ballycarney but were in Bunclody. Same problem as you, were in a dip and NO ONE seems to provide broadband in the area. My sister tried a few trials e.g. Vodafone, 02 etc and contacted all regular broadband providors such as Eircom etc. She finally got broadband that works in our area...and its 3! Its the absolute only one she can get that will work and its working perfectly so far (she has it about a month i think). So you could give them a try, the coverage seems to be good. You can get a trial the same as with vodafone. I think you pay a certain amount as a deposit and if it doesnt work you get your money back. (Free Energy seems to have a few bad stories under his belt and as i said we only have it a short while so I cant say anything for the long term service etc)

Advertisement