Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prawns in city center?

• 21-03-2009 10:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭

I've bought prawns from supermarkets (Tesco/Superquinn's) but dont find their quality that good, either too small or frozen in the bag with too much water which leaves them soggy when defrosted.

Am hoping to try the produce at a local sea food store. Would you have any store recommendations in/near city center, and prices?

Cheers.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,120 ✭✭✭shrapnel222

the asian supermarket in drury lane has a good selection of frozen prawns. otherwise can't beat howth harbour for freshness and price

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

If your location is Galway - the docks fish hall has lovely sea food, behind the harbour hotel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 342 ✭✭antoniosicily

Kish Fish, bow street, D7, Dublin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,054 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

tintar wrote: »
    I've bought prawns from supermarkets (Tesco/Superquinn's) but dont find their quality that good, either too small or frozen in the bag with too much water which leaves them soggy when defrosted.

Am hoping to try the produce at a local sea food store. Would you have any store recommendations in/near city center, and prices?

Cheers.

It's a bit out from the city centre (worth the drive to stock up the freezer) but the best and cheapest fish I've found is the outlet shop of The Good Fish Processing Company just outside Carrigaline on the Crosshaven road.

That is assuming that by city centre you meant Cork city centre;)
    Although I have a sneaky suspicion you meant Dublin cause only people who live in Dublin make the assumption that 'city centre' means Dublin city centre. Same way Dublin phone nos. never have an area code on advertisements!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭foodaholic

+1 for kish fish
    the trick is to always buy raw frozen prawns,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭galactus

It's a bit out from the city centre (worth the drive to stock up the freezer) but the best and cheapest fish I've found is the outlet shop of The Good Fish Processing Company just outside Carrigaline on the Crosshaven road.

That is assuming that by city centre you meant Cork city centre;)
    Although I have a sneaky suspicion you meant Dublin cause only people who live in Dublin make the assumption that 'city centre' means Dublin city centre. Same way Dublin phone nos. never have an area code on advertisements!

Of course he meant Cork!!

I am lucky enough to live in Carrigaline and highly recommend a trip to the Good Fish Co.

I have not been paid for this endorsement but maybe the people at the Good Fish Co. want to send me some freebies...
    :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,054 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

galactus wrote: »
    Of course he meant Cork!!

I am lucky enough to live in Carrigaline and highly recommend a trip to the Good Fish Co.

I have not been paid for this endorsement but maybe the people at the Good Fish Co. want to send me some freebies...
    :pac:

I suppose ther has to be something positive about living in Carrigaline!:P

Advertisement