Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

One Day Shutdown-March 30th

Options
124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

bnt wrote: »
    So far today I've had two lectures, and both lecturers were asked about Monday. Both replied that their lectures would be going ahead as normal. Anyone going to stop me attending?
    Yes, I will be at your lecture waiting to tackle you to the ground.

Good luck sir.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭RichTea

What good could possibly result from this strike? We don't want fees so we won't go to college on Monday to show how much we value free education??

Ridiculous. I'm 100% opposed to the reintroduction of fees but come on! There are better, more mature ways of dealing with them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 338 ✭✭33% God

bnt wrote: »
    So far today I've had two lectures, and both lecturers were asked about Monday. Both replied that their lectures would be going ahead as normal. Anyone going to stop me attending?
    Only if they're in the Newman Building
    *stokes shotgun lovingly*

• Registered Users Posts: 13,009 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Dave! wrote: »
    Yes, I will be at your lecture waiting to tackle you to the ground.

Good luck sir.
    Excellent. I'll wear my steel-capped boots, they need to be "broken in" just a little.
    33% God wrote: »
    Only if they're in the Newman Building
    *stokes shotgun lovingly*
    A day on campus without Arts students? Woo-hoo! Count me in.

I'm joking, of course, but considering the well-documented propensity of UCD students to be bloody stupid when the mood takes them - such as when it snowed recently, and a mob started stoning people - I hope wiser counsel prevails on this occasion. Any shenanigans will hit the headlines, and totally negate any political point you might think you're making.

Death has this much to be said for it:
    You don’t have to get out of bed for it.
    Wherever you happen to be
    They bring it to you—free.

— Kingsley Amis

Advertisement