Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2nd date - what to do?

Options
  • 22-03-2009 12:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,744 ✭✭✭

Im a student in Dublin and I want to bring a girl on a 2nd date. I don't have much money either. It will probably be this Thursday.

Anybody got any ideas that are cheap but still fun? Like she doesn't want to go out for dinner or anything too serious like that.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

If its nice out, ice cream in the park.

You can pick which park. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 527 ✭✭✭joeperry

Bowling?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,744 ✭✭✭Raoul

Bowling isnt a bad idea. But im at DCU and I dont have a car.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭RHunce

cinema?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 527 ✭✭✭joeperry

Well your a crap boyfriend,you gotta put some effort in.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

Take her for a walk in the Botanic Gardens, its free and she'll probably be interested in all that horticulture sh1t and think its romantic or something.lol. theres a place in there for food and a coffee too. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭4arc

hey, it really doesnt matter what ye do. as long as ye spend time together and you are yourself then things will take their own course.

spending money on a girl is not what she wants. there are loads of free events every day in dublin!

Thanks for that. I know I don't have to spend money or do anything really. But we go to the same college, so it would be good to do something we both would like some night. I was told the ghost bus, that seems really good but its 25 euro for a ticket. Also told the botanic gardens but that doesn't interest me in the slightest. I think so far it looks like bowling.

We have already gone to the cinema.

personally i think the best date (being very irish) is to bring her for a drink! not a session, just one or two easy, relaxed, drinks. this will make ye both more relaxed and get the conversation going, which is what she really wants. it will cost ye what? maybe €10 each?

cinema and other activities serve useful as first dates coz ye still might be quite shy or whatever and dont have to talk as much but if you really want to get her interested in you i suggest this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭Plastic Bari

Bondi on the keys where zanzibar was its 2euro a drink on thursdays happy days!!!

• Advertisement

Cheers lads, think I might go for the go for a drink option. Like I said I'm a student and I am by no means loaded, however I would still feel obliged to buy her the drinks. But thats no problem if she doesn't end up drinking like a sailor.

Thanks!!

what is it with men who think they have to buy girls drinks? ther'e saying that they dont believe they should be talking to her and should therefore buy her company!

yes you may offer to buy her a drink, thats only being polite, but then she should offer to by you one.

and if she sits there with an empty glass and waits till you offer again, then you should get rid of her! you dont need someone who only takes!

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭disssco

Tell her to get dressed up then take her to local chipper. She'll love that, guaranteed ride.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

Ah come on like.

Botanics, at most it'll cost a fiver on the bus to get out there. Phoenix park. Any place, other than another pub/club.

If it's pissing rain, grab the umbrella and head out. It'll still be better than another night out on the piss, trying to shout over sh*tty music, or resorting to standing in the smoking area all night and smelling like a cigarette butt by the time you get home.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭masonman

4arc wrote: »
    hey, it really doesnt matter what ye do. as long as ye spend time together and you are yourself then things will take their own course.

spending money on a girl is not what she wants. there are loads of free events every day in dublin!

Queue Music: "Be yourself....be yourself..."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_V_q5KNwN8 :D

I'm with Masada on the Botanic Gardens- good idea

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Africa

Place on Fishamble street called Karma, lovely Indian style pub that has cheap drink.

Other things to do, Irish Art Gallery (free), Zoo(great fun not too much either, recommend this if you have day off and its nice), Shelbourne Park for the Dogs, National Aquatic Center (maybe not for second date though keep that till about 5 or 6 ;) ), Guinness Storehouse isnt too bad, apart from that, places with food :)

But im sure youll think of something.

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭jimmay

Africa wrote: »
    Place on Fishamble street called Karma, lovely Indian style pub that has cheap drink.

Other things to do, Irish Art Gallery (free), Zoo(great fun not too much either, recommend this if you have day off and its nice), Shelbourne Park for the Dogs, National Aquatic Center (maybe not for second date though keep that till about 5 or 6 ;) ), Guinness Storehouse isnt too bad, apart from that, places with food :)

But im sure youll think of something.

Damn they're all good suggestions....eeek I don't know why I'm reading this thread!? I don't have a girlfriend but now I really want one!!! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 21 wikkybikky

bring her to the comedy in the international bar, if your students i think its 8 quid in. generally a good night in there- you wont get to talk much but you'll find out if she's got a sense of humour

Actually, some great suggestions. Cheers, Im undecided yet. I actually know the girl well enough so far. The comedy in the international bar is a really good idea. I don't know about the botanic gardens, she might like it but I don't know if I would.

Thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭Plastic Bari

Benburb street?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭masonman

Raoul wrote: »
    I don't know about the botanic gardens, she might like it but I don't know if I would.

Dude, you ain't supposed to enjoy it - amateur :P

Best of luck :)

That is true. But, I don't even know if she would. Ahwell, we will just have to wait and see.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 212 ✭✭Jackeenboy

Get er in the sack IMO...Its free aswell.

Might have to suggest that actually!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 507 ✭✭✭portomar

4arc wrote: »
    what is it with men who think they have to buy girls drinks? ther'e saying that they dont believe they should be talking to her and should therefore buy her company!

yes you may offer to buy her a drink, thats only being polite, but then she should offer to by you one.

and if she sits there with an empty glass and waits till you offer again, then you should get rid of her! you dont need someone who only takes!

the whole point is it isnt about the cash. taking a girl out should mean just that. youre inviting her, you should be at least offering to pay for everything. you're not meeting for a drink, she is being invited for a drink. when im bringing a girl out the last thing on my mind is the cash in my pocket, its how you get on, how she looks, what the convo is like, if shes gonna come home with me, am i gonna see her again?? not worried bout her not paying a cent

I agree with you to a certain extent, but I don't have that much money so I can't do certain things.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Brimmy

Well where did you go?

Could have always went to the slipper.. local and cheap.

For Bowling you could have taken the half hour walk from DCU across to the Leisureplex in Coolock and gone to the Arcade as well.

Advertisement