Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Descartes Joke

Options
  • 22-03-2009 1:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭

Descartes is sitting in a bar having a drink. The barman asks him if he would like another. 'I think not,' he says, and vanishes into a puff of logic.

Boom, Boom

I don't think I need explain why it is here rather than humour thread.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

queen-mise wrote: »

I don't think I need explain why it is here rather than humour thread.

Is that because it's not funny?;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭nyarlothothep

He thought of not thinking, ergo he thought, therefore his dissapearance was impossible.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭Queen-Mise

But he says, 'I think not', therefore if not thinking, he doesn't exist; Cogito Ergo Sum - I think therefore I am.

ok can't argue anymore, my brain is in a knot - I am sure I could have mentioned something about semantics & the Evil Demon also :D:D:D

Going to lie down with a cold flannel on my head

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭Phototoxin

NO HE'S A BRAIN IN A JAR !! RUN!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Maccattack

Gufaw!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,416 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

Then Derrida comes in with a machine gun and tells everyone to shut the fúck up and blows the place apart like in an old IRA ad from UTV.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement