Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PW Beers take II - April 15th 2009?

• 22-03-2009 2:23am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭

Right, time for a second attempt for a PW meet.
    Yay or nay basically?

Where?
    Basically the venue is still to be confirmed (myself, along with the assistance of my predecessor, orestes are still rumbling around with venues), but the idea is to get the ball rolling from about 2pm til late. But the aim is to keep it close to the city centre as possible, for reasons discussed below.

Why So Early?
    Easy one that, most people know that April 15th is also the date that WWE have their Wrestlemania Revenge tour in the o2 later that afternoon. So this gives people who are going to the show, a chance to attend prior to heading off to the o2. As well as those who have no interest in going to the o2 to either come in late and join us. Everyone wins.

Hang on, wasn't this attempted before?
    Yep, it was, for Royal Rumble. Unfortuntely that's held on a Sunday and most people had stuff on the next day, work college etc. So it wasn't quite feasable for everyone to make it, especially anyone coming up from outside of Dublin.

... and you think this is actually gonna work this time?
    Hard to say, there's less standing in the way this time. Presumably people coming up for it will be staying up, or at least going back straight away after the show, That way if they get up early, the opportunity is there for them to pop in, have a few drinks, and a laugh.

Anyway, place yer votes and any comments and we'll see where we go from here. :)

Are you interested in a PW Beers/Meet? 4 votes

Hells yeah, will be a nice warm up for / alternative to the o2 show.
    0% 0 votes
    Nah thanks, I'll pass.
    100% 4 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,919 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Nay for me

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

odds are i wont be in the country

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

I have to pass :(

Edit: Nevermind.

I won't be attending either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

Hint taken folks!
    That's twice PW has tried to arrange a meet. I guess it works for some forums and this isn't gonna be one of them. We tried, but unfortunately, we got one of these. :(

shipment_of_fail.jpg

lock.gif

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement