Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shouldn't the irish unemployed just have their benefit transfered to their bank A/C

• 22-03-2009 3:18am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,892 ✭✭✭✭

So last year the government decided that all newly unemployed would have to go to their local post office to collect their dole, this was to cut down on non-nationals flying in signing on once a month and flying back to their own countries.
    So was in my local post office on Friday to send off a package and the queue was out the door :eek: all the unemployed were in collecting their benifit. So my question is, to keep the queues down why don't the government just let the irish unemployed who are born and and raised here have the benefit transferred directly to their bank accounts, I mean the reason they did this was to stop the non-nationals committing the fraudulent claims????
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭tony1kenobi

How about if you could send parcels through the bank? Wouldn't that mean even less queuing?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭m83

Why didn't you just email the parcel? Even less queuing!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭RATM

So my question is, to keep the queues down why don't the government just let the irish unemployed who are born and and raised here have the benefit transferred directly to their bank accounts, I mean the reason they did this was to stop the non-nationals committing the fraudulent claims????

Of course irish people would never fiddle the dole :pac:

C'mon get real man, there's reasons behind this and its more to do with the antics of the Irish majority than the immigrant minority tbf. I personally know of two Irish barmen who had their life plans cocked up on the new rules- they were running a pub in Spain living the good life whilst watching the Irish dole hit their bank accounts every week.

The point is that if you are unemployed then you have plenty of time on your hands to queue up at the Post Office once a week. If you complain about it then that is bound to raise suspicions about your real intentions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

lol..if people got the dole straight to the bank account they'd probably be all off in the likes of thailand, living the high life and not working a bit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 861 ✭✭✭KeyLimePie

Might as well make them do something at least for their money I say :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement