Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beggar Me Arse

• 22-03-2009 5:41am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭

Was just browsing around the net-well upthedeise.com imparticular and came across a very interesting thread! This leads me to wonder-Has anybody else seen anything like this happen before? I passed by a "beggar" in the laneway by Jean Scene one day on my way to the Meteor shop who bugged me looking for spare change then 5 minutes later came into the meteor shop to buy credit for his phone!!

Wonder if this lad will be seen much around waterford now!!!The thieving little **** :pac: For anyone who doesnt recognise him he's always begging around Penneys most days-caught in the act in dublin!!!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭anplaya

Anon0000 wrote: »
    Was just browsing around the net-well upthedeise.com imparticular and came across a very interesting thread! This leads me to wonder-Has anybody else seen anything like this happen before? I passed by a "beggar" in the laneway by Jean Scene one day on my way to the Meteor shop who bugged me looking for spare change then 5 minutes later came into the meteor shop to buy credit for his phone!!

Wonder if this lad will be seen much around waterford now!!!The thieving little **** :pac: For anyone who doesnt recognise him he's always begging around Penneys most days-caught in the act in dublin!!!!

always see those muppets around,pisses me off,esp theso called deaf n mute guythats always outside argos,ive seen him talking to loads of different people on more than one occasion,f**k all wrong with him,plus whats stoping him from working?being deaf aint the worst disability,plenty of deaf people work

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,604 ✭✭✭deisemum

I've seen that fake, thanks for the tip off.

Years ago when I lived in London this sort of fraud was very common. On a number of occasions the national newspapers exposed these fraudsters. Some were living in very well of areas in big houses but would travel into central London and don their beggers clothes. They were making big money at it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Anyone that gives to anyone on the street deserves to be ripped off

• Closed Accounts Posts: 371 ✭✭chrism2007

theres this fella who hands out cards when the lights go red down by poleberry

the cards say hes a mute

he took money off a woman in the car in front of me then said thanks :pac:

there all con artists. should be deported in my opinion

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭JohnC.

Is the guy in the pictures in the first post the guy who is sometimes selling The Big Issue?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭Anon0000

Thats the fella! Ah there all at it! Theres another lad who do be washing the car windows at the traffic lights by Bunkers Hill,says he has no money and needs food for the family yet he came into a city centre pub that night and tried to buy double vodkas and red bulls for him and his friend!!!:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,418 ✭✭✭BIG-SLICK-POKER

I know what i will do with his crutch if i see him in Town .... Should be taken out of teh country he was prob gettin disability and allownace etc , No wonder we are in serious trouble , Our taxes are paying for people like this and many other selling bloody roses begging when they prob get more then some irish who cant get a job ....

Ship em out ---

Similar thread to this in the Galway forum about the lad that do be sitting in the laneway there by jeanc scene with the legs bent forward........http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055461638

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭ex_infantry man

Thats the fella! Ah there all at it! Theres another lad who do be washing the car windows at the traffic lights by Bunkers Hill,says he has no money and needs food for the family yet he came into a city centre pub that night and tried to buy double vodkas and red bulls for him and his friend!!!:pac:
    if he tried washing my car window i,d squirt him with the window washers lol in fairness does he not know that cars have window washers on them already!! seen him get hunted by the gardai few times fecking leechs sucking the life out of our economy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

Yea I heard a story about a year ago and wasn't sure if it was true or not but seeing those pics has made me realise!

There was a guy by pennys as well who use to sell magazines, big issue I think it was. Anyway one day people I know off decided to rob his magazines and run off with them but what they didnt realise was he would drop his crutches and peg it after them like linford christie.

I always see the little rose kids though!

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

There's a fella who always begs down by kazbar. He gets a few pence, goes into the bookies tries a few tricasts, loses, and comes out and begs again.

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭joe250

Is this the Guy thats Half man Half Forklift??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭Kotek Besar

chrism2007 wrote: »
    theres this fella who hands out cards when the lights go red down by poleberry

the cards say hes a mute

he took money off a woman in the car in front of me then said thanks :pac:

there all con artists. should be deported in my opinion
    I know what i will do with his crutch if i see him in Town .... Should be taken out of teh country he was prob gettin disability and allownace etc , No wonder we are in serious trouble , Our taxes are paying for people like this and many other selling bloody roses begging when they prob get more then some irish who cant get a job ....

Ship em out ---

I agree.

If they're EEA nationals, they have a right to enter and reside in Ireland for up to three months, without any conditions or formalities other than the requirement to hold a valid passport or National ID card.

However, once the three months are up, they're allowed to continue residing here only if they're exercising an EU Treaty right. That is, they are employed, self-employed, studying or financially self-sufficient. Exercising a Treaty right - they must be treated in Ireland as if they are themselves an Irish citizen. No Treaty right exercised - no right to reside. Out.

I'm sure that the lads selling roses or claiming to be mute, or otherwise extracting "donations" from Waterford residents - are not exercising a Treaty right (pray they don't claim to be studying).

Point is, if they're not exercising a Treaty right and if it can be proven that their residence in Ireland has exceeded three months - they can be deported, as their residence in the State is now unlawful.

So, why are the Guards not questioning them? The GNIB at Waterford Garda Station have expanded in recent months, and taken on at least one new officer. Surely it wouldn't take that many resources to go questioning these cretins?

benifa wrote: »
    I agree.

If they're EEA nationals, they have a right to enter and reside in Ireland for up to three months, without any conditions or formalities other than the requirement to hold a valid passport or National ID card.

However, once the three months are up, they're allowed to continue residing here only if they're exercising an EU Treaty right. That is, they are employed, self-employed, studying or financially self-sufficient. Exercising a Treaty right - they must be treated in Ireland as if they are themselves an Irish citizen. No Treaty right exercised - no right to reside. Out.

I'm sure that the lads selling roses or claiming to be mute, or otherwise extracting "donations" from Waterford residents - are not exercising a Treaty right (pray they don't claim to be studying).

Point is, if they're not exercising a Treaty right and if it can be proven that their residence in Ireland has exceeded three months - they can be deported, as their residence in the State is now unlawful.

So, why are the Guards not questioning them? The GNIB at Waterford Garda Station have expanded in recent months, and taken on at least one new officer. Surely it wouldn't take that many resources to go questioning these cretins?

To be honest i know and we all know that there all here a lot longer than 3 months and i cant understand why there hasn't been anything done about it yet. A pack of ignorant,thieving little ***** if ya ask me!!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

whats the story with that fella with his legs bent frontwards?

Imo, you just cant trust any of them. Remember ya one who used to give the card saying she had been abused then would start crying should you read it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭MGilly84

So why isnt anyone standing up to these thieving **** heads. iv never bumped into em but if i do and they ask me for money all just give em a couple of funts up the hole! tell em thats what they get for tryin to scam me and give em another funt up the hole as theyre walkin away!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,411 ✭✭✭SUNGOD

i dont think the guy in the photo which was taken in dublin is the same guy who begs in waterford city.
    if you look past the crutches he does not look like the guy down town.

i could be wrong(i was wrong once before ya know) but i dont think its him and i think the OP saying for deffinite that its him is wrong
    how can he be so sure!!!
    making these accusations could have consequences for this man from mindless people looking for an excuse to be racist etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,411 ✭✭✭SUNGOD

MGilly84 wrote: »
    So why isnt anyone standing up to these thieving **** heads. iv never bumped into em but if i do and they ask me for money all just give em a couple of funts up the hole! tell em thats what they get for tryin to scam me and give em another funt up the hole as theyre walkin away!

really helpfull!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭jonnyfingers

Kahless wrote: »
    Is the guy in the pictures in the first post the guy who is sometimes selling The Big Issue?

Looks like him. His favorite move is to throw the crutch in front of you as if he's falling so you have to stop and then he offers a Big Issue to you. I've seen someone accidentally kick the crutch from under him once and he moved quite quickly to keep his balance so not sure how much he needs the crutches.

Also the deaf mute guy outside Argos. Is anyone tempted to sneak up behind him and scream at the top of your lungs just to see what happens?

I was in Paris last year also and there was a blind guy walking up and down the Champs Elysees. He was cross-eyed and he just walked up and down the street in the same line, begging, with people getting out of his way so he didn't hit into them. Well I was sitting there for about 20 minutes so happened to watch him pass up and down about 4 times. I noticed every so often that his eyes would suddenly un-cross and focus on something for a second and then he'd go back to being cross-eyed. So on the 5th time I decided to do a little test. I just stretched out my legs as he was coming, knowing that if he kept on the same line he'd trip. A risky strategy as I could end up tripping a blind guy. So he's coming closer, taking little small steps, and not moving from his set line. I'm starting to doubt should I keep the legs out. On he comes, not moving from his line. Out my legs stay and I start to sweat. 5 feet away, I have to make a decision. I keep the legs out. He's right on top of me. I wait for impact! But sure enough just as he's about to hit my legs he does a lovely little side step around me, shoots me a dirty look and keeps going. He "bumps" into a guy about 2 minutes down the road and get's a fiver for his troubles!

Advertisement