Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Quotations about Islam by Non-Muslims

• 22-03-2009 9:46am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 36

CENSORSHIP BY A NON MUSLIM MODERATOR

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭hivizman

balkanac wrote: »
    I came across some of theese quotes about Islam by non muslims and i thought i would share this wisdom with you on this forum.
    Sir George Bernard Shaw in 'The Genuine Islam,' Vol. 1, No. 8, 1936

"If any religion had the chance of ruling over England, nay Europe within the next hundred years, it could be Islam." "I have always held the religion of Muhammad in high estimation because of its wonderful vitality. It is the only religion which appears to me to possess that assimilating capacity to the changing phase of existence which can make itself appeal to every age. I have studied him - the wonderful man and in my opinion far from being an anti-Christ, he must be called the Savior of Humanity." "I believe that if a man like him were to assume the dictatorship of the modern world he would succeed in solving its problems in a way that would bring it the much needed peace and happiness: I have prophesied about the faith of Muhammad that it would be acceptable to the Europe of tomorrow as it is beginning to be acceptable to the Europe of today."

Good to see an Irishman at the top of your list of quotes, but I don't think that Shaw ever had a knighthood. He was awarded the Nobel Prize for Literature in 1925, and won the Academy Award for Best Adapted Screenplay in 1938 for his adaptation of his play Pygmalion (and of course, the musical version My Fair Lady won the Oscar for Best Picture in 1964).

Shaw was 80 years old in 1936, but still in full command of his powers. One of these was a rather contrary nature, and Shaw often said and wrote things that were designed to provoke debate and controversy. So I don't think that his paean for Islam can necessarily be taken at face value.

Advertisement