Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

anyone know what model of door handle this is ?

Options
  • 22-03-2009 11:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭

Hi. I need to get a replacement front door handle & lock and there isn't anything on it to say which type of lock or handle it is. (except Union)
    So would anyone have any idea on what kind of handle / lock this is ? Or where I could get one .

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭Sleipnir

The lock is a "euro cylinder"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭gsxr1

yeah thats a euro lock alright. they just slip right in after you undo the screw.

For a handle the exact same you will have to contact the fitters .

although that square type handle are very common . TJ O Gradys or Munster Joinery should be able to sort you out with a similar type

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭mikedublin

Thanks for the advice. Its nearly 20 years old and starting to get sticky. No idea who the original fitters were. Will try that shop. cheers,

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭dh0661

Your handle looks just like the one on our back door which came from Munster Joinery less than four years ago.

You can get euro cylinder locks anywhere; B & Q, Woodies, Atlantic etc. There's two different sizes as recall so bring the lock with you if you can.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 259 ✭✭opelmanta

Woodies and Atlantic DO NOT stock euro cylinders

That's funny cos I bought one in Woodies last week for my side entrance.

Oh and http://www.diy.com/diy/jsp/bq/nav.jsp?isSearch=true&fh_search=euro+cylinder

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭gsxr1

just be careful when buying eurolocks. There are different sizes as already stated.
    They are different in length and can also have the latch mechanism on a different places on the cylinder

take measurements or the old lock with you or you could have a wasted trip

Advertisement