Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Illegal Dumping

• 22-03-2009 12:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭

:mad:
    We have all come accross it from time to time. My forest is right along side a road in the west of Ireland. Every time i go down there is more and more rubbish dumped there.:mad:
    The rubbish ranges from houshold domestic waste, empty beer bottles, garden waste (branches and grass cuttings. There is even old machinery being dumped in.
    I have gone through the household waste but i couldnt find anything with a name or address on it so no clue there.
    I have spoken to the council litter warden and he has done a bit of work on it, lifting new rubbish if i report it.
    I have hung up no dumping signs etc.

Now what i really want to know is, has this happened to you and how did you get the waste removed, is it my problem or is it the councils problem? It is going to be quite expensive to clear the lot up.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭meathstevie

Same around my town in Meath as well. A couple of big bogs around the area and they're slowly but surely changing into landfill sites.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 648 ✭✭✭PeteHeat

Hi,

As far as I know the resonsibility for the clean up is with the County Council although this can change if the rubbish is dumped on private land.

I fail to understand why anyone would load up a van or trailer and just dump rubbish on the side of the road when there are so many recycling centres open.

The most annoying thing I see is rubbish dumped within a very short distance of the recycling centre.

Penalties are not high enough, I would like to the persons who are caught having their cars / vans impounded (never returned) and further humiliation by being brought before the courts.

Advertisement