Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Is that a beer belly I see......

• 22-03-2009 12:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Well to start I'm in my early 20's, roughly 5'9 - 5'10" and weight between 11-12 stone (probably closer to 11 at the moment). Overall I'm happy with my weight; I think it's about average for someone my height age etc... However I'm not happy with the way the weight has come about. I'm probably about 19-21% body fat and all of that fat is located around my stomach area. Looks like a nice six pack of beer that I'm developing. Currently it's not a huge problem but I can see that in a few years my stomach will be introducing itself to people before my out stretched hand! To add to the situation I'm unable to play sports due to an unfortunate injury about 3 years ago

I'm sure there are plenty of people out there who are in the early stages of beer bellyism... I'm worrying about how I stop the problem? It's not that I'm a huge drinker or anything... At a guess I'd say I drink about 15-20 pints in a month.

I tend to have good intentions but seem to lack the will power to follow them through. However, I've decided the buck stops here. I'm going to be off work for the next month so I've decided now is the perfect time to start as I'll have plenty of extra time to train etc...

As I mentioned I'm not looking to lose weight just change how it appears on my body. Ideally I'd like to drop to about 11-12% body fat. I presume the only way to achieve this is to lose the fat first and then put the weight back on as muscle? I'd be most grateful if you could provide me with a few suggestions as to how I go about this.

Personally I'm beginning to think its killing my self-confidence so I need to trim the fat away! Waist size is currently 32-33 inch and leg 30 inch. Chest is about 38 inches. The problem is between the waist and the chest!!!! Or if anyone knows a few stunning women who are into beer bellies it would sort the problem out too!!!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

Dear god, do something with the text!!! It burns my eyes, i'll read when you've fixed it :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 shane7321

Dear God is right! Sorry about that, I've no idea how that managed to happen.

Feel free to read it now and provide me with your words of wisdom!

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭friendface

Hey Shane,

I'm in the same situation. Early 20's. Roughly the same weight (bout 11st 7lbs). Started to develop a bit of a beer belly myself and looking to do something about it so interested to hear from a few people here. I am trying to change my diet though. Started drinking a lot more water and eating a bit healthier. Cutting down on the fast foods helps as well I'd say. I suppose I should really join a gym but I never seem to find the time (i.e. too lazy) to go. :pac:

Btw, I'm a 32" waist as well. Haven't a clue what my chest size is but I assume something similar (37-38").

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 shane7321

I've tried the whole gym thing but just wasn't into it.... I've gone through phases of treadmills etc... and just don't seem to have the will power.

I need someone to give me a good kicking so I can get myslef into shape!

I hate being lazy!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

shane7321 wrote: »
    I presume the only way to achieve this is to lose the fat first and then put the weight back on as muscle?
    no, that's a common misconception. Start lifting heavy NOW, it will boost your metabolism and aid in your fat loss. I am 5'11'' and remained around a constant 12stone for ages, building muscle and losing fat at a steady slow rate.

99% of Beer bellies are made in the chipper after the pub, 1000kcal from beer will not make you as fat as 1000kcal from the chipper. I take in about 6,000kcal per week in beer and know skinny lads who used to drink twice that, if I switched that to 6,000kcal of chocolate I have no doubt I would be a lot fatter.

Check out www.stronglifts.com and www.exrx.net

• Advertisement
Advertisement