Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Patio Heaters

Options
  • 22-03-2009 1:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭

I was out and about yesterday and had a wee look in B&Q for heater while I was buying plants.

There where 3 types

1#Gas patio heaters which would sit in the middle of my timber picnic table where the parasol goes. 80euro

I liked the look of this type as my garden is tiny and is already full of pots and buckets of Veg and flowers.

How efficient are these? . How many hours would a bottle of gas last?

2# Clay type pot belly fires.

these where the cheapest . a small one is 40 euro and the bigger one was around 50e.

3# Cast iron type pot belly fire.

these looked great but the models in B&Q seemed thin and flimsy.

From 58 from the small type around 3' high to over 100 for the tall ones.

Both the clay and metal type use timber and charcoal. I have loads of logs cut for my house stove so no shortage of fuel.

Could any one advise on the pros and cons. They seem a little pricey for what they are.

are there better deal in the North? Im going there anyways next week.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭Sonnenblumen

gsxr1 wrote: »
    I was out and about yesterday and had a wee look in B&Q for heater while I was buying plants.

There where 3 types

1#Gas patio heaters which would sit in the middle of my timber picnic table where the parasol goes. 80euro

I liked the look of this type as my garden is tiny and is already full of pots and buckets of Veg and flowers.

How efficient are these? . How many hours would a bottle of gas last?

2# Clay type pot belly fires.

these where the cheapest . a small one is 40 euro and the bigger one was around 50e.

3# Cast iron type pot belly fire.

these looked great but the models in B&Q seemed thin and flimsy.

From 58 from the small type around 3' high to over 100 for the tall ones.

Both the clay and metal type use timber and charcoal. I have loads of logs cut for my house stove so no shortage of fuel.

Could any one advise on the pros and cons. They seem a little pricey for what they are.

are there better deal in the North? Im going there anyways next week.

Option # 1 is due to be subject to an EU wide ban(retail) shortly
    Options # 2 and # 3 (chimineas) are nice ornamental types but very limited use as efficient as patio heaters.

Infra red would be a more compact efficient means of heating a patio area.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭gsxr1

Option # 1 is due to be subject to an EU wide ban(retail) shortly
    Options # 2 and # 3 (chimineas) are nice ornamental types but very limited use as efficient as patio heaters.

Infra red would be a more compact efficient means of heating a patio area.

I might just go for the Chimineas option as timber logs cost me nothing and are carbon neutral.

The gas type in b&q looks to be reduced to 80 euro from well over 100,

but I could see it costing an arm and a leg on gas

Advertisement