Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I.c.t.u Strike March 30th!!!!!!!

Options
  • 22-03-2009 1:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭

All , am in a situation, due to fly out on March30th to Italy for the Ireland game. Has anybody heard if this I.c.t.u strike will effect the operation of dublin airport?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

From what im reading it looks like it will, as to what extent im not yet sure. I fly back into Ireland that day :/

EDIT: http://www.rte.ie/news/2009/0320/partnership.html result due tomorrow from the vote.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭Plastic Bari

I called ryanair and aerlingus they knew nothing about it!! Have a contact working in the search unit and they were not ballotted just the Airport police im worries about

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,097 ✭✭✭Darragh29

I think it's the Airport inhouse fire/emergency services that you have to worry about here OP. I'm not 110% sure but I remember when the Ryanair baggage workers went on strike, it was the emergency service workers walking off the job in solidarity with the protesting baggage handlers that finally shut the whole airport down, as no emergency cover at the airport = no take offs and landings.

Until that happened, it was just a load of delayed flights situation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Darragh29 wrote: »
    I think it's the Airport inhouse fire/emergency services that you have to worry about here OP. I'm not 110% sure but I remember when the Ryanair baggage workers went on strike, it was the emergency service workers walking off the job in solidarity with the protesting baggage handlers that finally shut the whole airport down, as no emergency cover at the airport = no take offs and landings.

Indeed, that's how I remembered it too.

I've not heard anything on this current situation but I can easily see your flight being cancelled OP.
    Keep asking the airline, they should know these things

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,097 ✭✭✭Darragh29

Looks like you have your answer OP, hate to be the bearer of bad news...

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/frontpage/2009/0323/1224243269059.html

• Advertisement

The most ridiculous strike ever if you ask me.
    Imagine striking for a 6% pay increase when jobs are being lost right left and centre...

Yes the airport will have to close.Lets hope the organisers of this farce cop on before next monday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

The most ridiculous strike ever if you ask me.
    Imagine striking for a 6% pay increase when jobs are being lost right left and centre...

Believe me, a lot of strikes have been pulled over far smaller issues that 6% pay. ;)

The examples I know best are Bus Eireann Limerick, possibly there are others.
    Wasn't an offical strike to be fair to the union.
    Still left people stranded though :(

Advertisement