Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jason Newsted 'most likely' to perform with Metallica again

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

It's the best thing they've been associated with in almost 20 years, I'd rather that than another aimless trip through audio mediocrity :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,091 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

yawn

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

Late night?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Ha Ha loving all the conspiracy theories. as i understand it any member who's been a part of the bands recorded music past can be invited,hence newsted being asked. to the best of my knowledge ron mc govney has been invited though he was gone before the recording of KEA. cliff burtons dad is attending too.

jason will most likely appear for one song and play with rob,gig will end and they'll get on on with their lives and live happily ever after.:pac:

nothing to see here,move it along please:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

lord lucan wrote: »
    to the best of my knowledge ron mc govney has been invited though he was gone before the recording of KEA. cliff burtons dad is attending too.

Wonder if Megadave will be there? ;)

• Advertisement

Doctor J wrote: »
    It's the best thing they've been associated with in almost 20 years, I'd rather that than another aimless trip through audio mediocrity :D

Another kind of monster - Megadave bites back! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

Newsted has confirmed to Rolling Stone that he will be performing at the ceremony, and that Ron McGovney will also be performing with the band:D

Cliff Burton's father will also be on hand

When asked if Newsted expected the band to cover any IR8 material on his behalf that night, he just smiled;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

Performance up, Rob plays with them btw.

I couldn't hear Jason's bass! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,980 ✭✭✭Degag

Did they only play one song?

EDIT:// Hold up, they played Enter Sandman also.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Somnus

Degag wrote: »
    Did they only play one song?

No, they played Enter Sandman as well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

Can I just say Im so pissed off with James Hetfields behaviour

James, for shame, you have had so many moments over the years and you couldnt let Jason have one

James looked as jealous as **** when Jason got that huge response during the speech, and I gotta say, he was completely distant...they were at either end of the stage and when it came to the bow they were at ends of the group

For shame James, you had a chance to make things up, and you decided...in front of the cameras....to continue to act like he wasnt there....and I for one am digusted at his behaviour

that video above shows Jason mixing with everyone onstage except james, there is obviously still a lot of bad blood there

**although i will say it was good to have jasons vocals back on the track!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

Can I just say Im so pissed off with James Hetfields behaviour

James, for shame, you have had so many moments over the years and you couldnt let Jason have one

James looked as jealous as **** when Jason got that huge response during the speech, and I gotta say, he was completely distant...they were at either end of the stage and when it came to the bow they were at ends of the group

For shame James, you had a chance to make things up, and you decided...in front of the cameras....to continue to act like he wasnt there....and I for one am digusted at his behaviour

that video above shows Jason mixing with everyone onstage except james, there is obviously still a lot of bad blood there

**although i will say it was good to have jasons vocals back on the track!

Considering James voice was beyond pathetic, i would of prefered to see Jason do all of the vocals rather then listen to James who sounded like a 13 year old boy who's balls were about to drop.

I was talking to someone about this the weekend, nice to see I wasn't the only one who saw the distance.

It's sad when neither of the bands originals (Jason and Rob) were the two that had the most chemistry together on the stage at the HOF awards performance.

Hopefully Rob will see it as an eye opening experience and not get f*cked over like Jason did.

No histrionics or tantrums so it's all good. I won't be losing any sleep over whether james and jason get on. They'll probably never cross paths again so it doesn't mean anything.

Pity about the performance,hetfields vocals were shocking tbh.:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭judas101

Does anyone else get reminded of this when they watch the videos?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EXy0hZDIrmY

I think Rob should have stepped aside for the Jason era stuff.

Those were some nice asses in that video though.
    So eh, nah i don't get reminded of that :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭judas101

maybe i was the only one then.

was Rob McGoverny or MegaDave mentioned at any point during the ceremony?

judas101 wrote: »
    maybe i was the only one then.

was Rob McGoverny or MegaDave mentioned at any point during the ceremony?

Didn't hear either been mentioned.

Advertisement