Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Soccer v Poker - Requiem - April 19th

13»

Comments

Ugh, unlucky Frisbee.

I was just on to Sportslink there. Got put through to an answering machine so as soon as he gets back to me I'll post up times for the game here.

What is a CERTAINTY:

There will be a game on Sunday April 19th, more than likely in Sportslink in Santry.

map.gif

Whether we get the grass pitch or no they have enough facilities that we should be ok out there one way or the other.

I have also contacted Leicester Celtic to check the preliminary availability of their pitch for the same time and it is available and they do not expect a booking as it is free at that time most Sundays.

We will be playing at 3 o'clock unless anyone has any objections.

Also, Frisbee, if you are out are you giving over charge of the team to someone else and if so, to whom?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Also, Frisbee, if you are out are you giving over charge of the team to someone else and if so, to whom?
    Frisbee wrote: »
    Also I'm gonna need someone to organise with me as I'm not going to be able to confirm availability until the week of

Still waiting for someone to step forward.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Frisbee wrote: »
    Still waiting for someone to step forward.

Ok, I'll do it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Ok, I'll do it.

Good man Lloyd, cheers

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

How are we fixed for numbers...?Does anybody have bibs..?

Dub13 wrote: »
    How are we fixed for numbers...?Does anybody have bibs..?

I can get a set of bibs. The pitch hasn't been sorted yet. Until it is, I can't get in touch with people...

Pitch is almost 100% set now for Sportslink in Santry.

We are aiming for a 1 o'clock kick off so people can take in the FA Cup Semi-Final at 4. Shower, changing room and bar facilities are available and I will have full details tomorrow so time to get your team ready guys.

Pitch is almost 100% set now for Sportslink in Santry.

We are aiming for a 1 o'clock kick off so people can take in the FA Cup Semi-Final at 4. Shower, changing room and bar facilities are available and I will have full details tomorrow so time to get your team ready guys.

Goodstuff,I am a member out there its a nice complex.

Ok, I'll get on this after the Utd match...

• Advertisement

PM sent to everyone who expressed an interest, and did not subsequently say they were injured / unavailable.

If anyone else thinks they can play this Sunday 19th in Sportslink at 1pm, please post here and I'll PM further details. Cheers.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,220 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I'm still available for this. I've played as striker, right mid, or central defence in the last few games we've played, so any of them will do me. PM'd you me mobile number.

Leicester Celtic's pitch is BOOKED.

Meeting at 12:30 for a 1pm kick off.

Nobody is kicking a ball until I get €10 from everyone. Not collecting money after the game, collecting it all before the start of the match.

Leicester's website, with directions to the ground, is here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Thats me out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

I'm unavailable

What happened to Santry then?

Des wrote: »
    I'm unavailable

What happened to Santry then?

Check out the sister thread in the Poker Forum.

Cliffnotes: 25 phone calls and 1 physical visit to Sportslink and we were just fúcked around the whole time. They never returned calls, never really seemed to want our business and one of our lads is a member and they treated him with an equal level of contempt to that which greeted me.

So, I made a call yesterday to Leicester Celtic and the guy was brilliant and sorted us out with the pitch no bother. At this stage I can safely say I'll never give Sportslink a penny of my money if I can avoid it.

As for you Oscar, I can give ya a lift if needs be.

Des wrote: »
    I'm unavailable

Ok Des, cheers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,049 ✭✭✭The_Chopper

I have a friend who came a couple of times inc. the last time that will be down again (Fintan).
    He doesn't mind which side he plays for as he just wants at least a half on one side. He's an excellent defender and can also play as a mid if needed.
    Whichever team wants him let me know so I can tell him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Hectorjelly

Well done guys

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Score? Details?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭semibluff

9-7 to soccer forum

6-0 up at one stage when arguably could have been 5-3 to poker (missed chances, easy goals) but the best team won.

motm tribulus with hectorjelly closely behind

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,220 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Was an enjoyable game. We were all over them for the first 30 minutes, with them rarely giving us any problems. Took their defence apart a few times, which was nice. They settled down in the 2nd third, with the guy who was ref at the start coming on in midfield. He was very good, and definitly improved their side. They were the better side in that period, but not by a huge amount i'd say.

The last third was a different story, with the poker lads putting constant pressure on us. By this stage i was bolloxed, and we seemed to be letting them through us very easily. They got back to 8-7 (or was it 7-6) at one stage, but then we got a goal slightly against the run of play and sealed it.

Cant remember exactly who scored. I got 2, Jeff got a few (one of which was total fluke :)) and one came from a nice freekick. Overall i'd say we were the better team, if only from our performance in the 1st thirty minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,993 ✭✭✭Trippie

I thought it was 8-6 in the end, either way lads good game for the actual soccer forum lads that were there it shows how much you's are let down by some of the others when we normally play

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭tribulus

I'm not sure how many guys on the team today even post on boards, let alone soccer! Nevertheless fair play to all who turned up and it was an enjoyable game.

It was a good game,I will do up a match report when I get a chance.Loyd played a blinder in goal and Ross did very well at center back for us.

• Advertisement
Advertisement