Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

who is your internet provider info

• 22-03-2009 4:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭

hi im thinking of changing my internet provider im currently with eircom on 6 meg speed unlimited broadband for 60 euro a month and i would like to get feedback off other people about their internet provider,what connection is like,what your download allowance is do you go over it and if so how much does it cost.also what speed is sufficent to play online games on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

NTL 20Mb.

think it's 45pm but we've the basic tv as well + teh ntl recorder so 65e/m

great for everything I find. no problems.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭mickoneill30

Irish Broadband Breeze 3Mb (up and down) wireless.
    No probs at all over 2 years. No cap either.
    They don't do this plan anymore so the closest is Breeze 4Mb for €55pm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭m83

kaimera wrote: »
    NTL 20Mb.

think it's 45pm but we've the basic tv as well + teh ntl recorder so 65e/m

great for everything I find. no problems.

Me too, it's the business

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

Smart. 8MB for €40 a month and never had a problem in 3 years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Moiph

NTL 10mb at €30 per month I believe. Wouldnt mind having the 20mb connection but 10mb is still doing a lovely job :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Icon_Slave

I was have an Ice Broadband and it's like ****! Now I have NTL 10Mb - cost 37pm ( Y can take only broadband) Pings are low. Best option VALUE--->PRICE

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭Macker14717

has any1 got that deal that 3 are doing 15gb of download for 20e month

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭Ri_Nollaig

bucks73 wrote: »
    also on smart, does work nicely :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Same as! brilliant service, no contention and no download limits!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Yea, me too for the last 14 months and it's a top notch service. They're upping it to 9Mb in June as a restructuring of their products. Total bill is €56/month including vat etc.

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,952 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

NTL 10 Meg - see sig :D
    Does the job very well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

has any1 got that deal that 3 are doing 15gb of download for 20e month

doesnt really work with the 360, you'd have to run the modem on a laptop/desktop and connect the 360 to it, as the modem is not compatible with 360's and the speed is ****e anyway. avoid.

i'm on BT option 2, 3meg line 30 gig cap, seldom have any problems

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,871 ✭✭✭Karmafaerie

20 mb UPC.
    Never a problem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 869 ✭✭✭honeybadger

i have standard ntl connection going on 2 years now (tink it was 2 or 3 meg cant be sure tho)but no problems with it lately,me and the bro do be both online xbox and ps3 same times and never any lag for either of us,its only twenty someting a month

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

Clearwire 2MB works well. I think its 45squid a month.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 759 ✭✭✭finno

My brother got NTL in but every time he plays on line it lags or he gets kicked out of the game. anyone know how he can fix it? i think he on 3MB

thanks in advance

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,452 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

hi im thinking of changing my internet provider im currently with eircom on 6 meg speed unlimited broadband for 60 euro a month and i would like to get feedback off other people about their internet provider,what connection is like,what your download allowance is do you go over it and if so how much does it cost.also what speed is sufficent to play online games on
    Do you download much? With Eircom it's practically unlimited as long as there isn't about 20 downloaders taking the complete piss.
    I'm regularly downloading 200-300GB a month on 7mb line. Not a word from Eircom.
    The boss is on 20meg and he's limited to 30GB a month. For me I'd much prefer the leeway with Eircom than BT's 20MB...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 869 ✭✭✭honeybadger

finno wrote: »
    My brother got NTL in but every time he plays on line it lags or he gets kicked out of the game. anyone know how he can fix it? i think he on 3MB

thanks in advance

well finno,sounds like he dosent have a open nat type on the router,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 759 ✭✭✭finno

well finno,sounds like he dosent have a open nat type on the router,

do you know how to do this?

thanks

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,647 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

I primarily use my 4mb IBB Breeze yoke. I get great service in my area (I dont think there are many other customers around)

I also have a 3mb BT line too however its configured for a home office so the NAT is strict so I dont use it no more.

Regardless of which service i use however I get ping of 130ms.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 261 ✭✭helios12

finno wrote: »
    do you know how to do this?

thanks

There should be the option on your router, Google the address of your brand. It is usually something like:

or

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Pogmothone

Have Eircom 3mb.. Myself and my brother both have xbox's (With wireless routers) and my oulfellah does be on the pc downstairs, Have no problems at all lagging out However I Cannot download any trial games from xbox marketplace when all three are on at once....

Advertisement