Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

rifle practice

Options
  • 22-03-2009 5:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭

does anyone know of a range i could attend to get more proficient with my rifle? I'm in county cork, i am getting a .22 magnum in the next couple of weeks, i enquired from a rifle club in county cork (it shall remain nameless) recently and was told i had to join the club which costs 400 per annum, and also that i couldn't use a magnum on their range, does anyone know of a range i could use in the cork/waterford/tipp area, i don't want to join another club (recession:D) i would rather pay as i use, and what's the problem with magnums on a range anyway?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭Jonty

RichieRich wrote: »
    does anyone know of a range i could attend to get more proficient with my rifle? I'm in county cork, i am getting a .22 magnum in the next couple of weeks, i enquired from a rifle club in county cork (it shall remain nameless) recently and was told i had to join the club which costs 400 per annum, and also that i couldn't use a magnum on their range, does anyone know of a range i could use in the cork/waterford/tipp area, i don't want to join another club (recession:D) i would rather pay as i use, and what's the problem with magnums on a range anyway?

magnums and 17hmrs are too strong for the ranges rated for .22lr

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭endasmail

do wot i do ,get permission from a farmer and set up your own targets ,find a safe and suitable bit of ground and away with ya

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭RichieRich

ya there's a disused quarry a few miles down the road, might try and use that

• Registered Users Posts: 942 ✭✭✭gofaster_s13

Be careful with quarries, they tend to massively amplify noise and there is huge potential for ricochets off of stone quarry faces.

Advertisement