Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

home wireless problem.

Options
  • 22-03-2009 6:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭

At home i've got a Netgear wireless router and an NTL connection.
    I've configured my router's IP and dhcp scope.
    Problem is, when I connect my NTL to whichever port on the router, my pc gets an IP from NTL (chello.ie), and not my wireless router like it should.
    This means I'm not able to connect any other computers to the internet as they don't get an IP from the router.
    As soon as i disconnect the NTL lan cable from my router, I am able to get an IP from the router.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,287 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

RedPlanet wrote: »
    Problem is, when I connect my NTL to whichever port on the router, my pc gets an IP from NTL (chello.ie), and not my wireless router like it should.
    This means I'm not able to connect any other computers to the internet as they don't get an IP from the router.
    As soon as i disconnect the NTL lan cable from my router, I am able to get an IP from the router.

Did you set the router to DHCP passthrough? Is the modem connected to the routers WAN port? Is the router set to collect an address by DHCP for itself?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

When you say that you have configured your router's ip and dhcp scope what exactly have you done?

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭dubb

RedPlanet wrote: »

Hi RedPlanet,

I'm seeing something similar. :mad: Did you get sorted?
    I thought it was my Linksys router, but now I'm not so sure.
    I reset it to factory settings but it hasn't solved anything.

I'm with NTL too, and can connect by cable to my router but can't connect wirelessly.
    If I pull the power cable on the wireless router for 5 seconds everything works fine.

Any ideas?
    D

Advertisement