Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

TNA Lockdown 2009 *WILL CONTAIN DELICIOUS SPOILERS!*

• 22-03-2009 6:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭

pumpkins.jpg

Lockdown should be on Bravo 2 on April 22nd from 9pm to 1am. (Unless they change their normal schedule) We'll see how a long-term thread for a TNA PPV will do.
    MAIN EVENT: TNA WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT TITLE MATCH
    Mick Foley vs. (c) "The Icon" Sting

stingvfoley.jpg

OFF THE WAGON CHALLENGE FOR THE TNA AND IWGP WORLD TAG TEAM TITLES:
    Team 3D vs. (c) Beer Money, Inc

THE RETURN OF THE LETHAL LOCKDOWN MATCH
    Featuring two teams battling inside the cage!

Smashing Pumpkins / TNA Lockdown Video:
    [URL="http:///www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMAMuQgsPZk"]http:///www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMAMuQgsPZk[/URL]

bonaduce2.jpg
    On Friday morning, TNA Wrestling superstar Eric Young appeared on Danny Bonaduce's radio show in Philadelphia on 94WYSP FM.

An altercation broke out between Bonaduce and Young after some words were exchanged. Eric slapped Bonaduce, leading to a pull-apart between the two personalities.

Footage Of Danny Bonaduce / Eric Young:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rIAzkWbFxEA
    TOTAL NONSTOP ACTION TEAMS WITH BILLY CORGAN AND THE SMASHING PUMPKINS FOR "LOCKDOWN 2009"

"Bullet With Butterfly Wings" to be the official theme song for the April 19 Pay-Per-View epic event.

On Sunday, April 19, from Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Total Nonstop Action Wrestling will present the annual "Lockdown" Pay-Per-View spectacular, where every match will take place inside the confines of the barbaric Six Sides of Steel cage!

TNA Wrestling is announcing that we are once again teaming up with music superstar Billy Corgan and The Smashing Pumpkins, who are providing the official theme song for the epic event, "Bullet With Butterfly Wings" - the smash hit that catapulted the Pumpkins to superstardom and will serve as the backdrop for the TNA action that fans will witness at "Lockdown".

TNA and The Smashing Pumpkins previously joined forces for last year's "Bound For Glory" extravaganza, where their hit "Tarantula" served as the official song. When the opportunity presented itself for TNA to select one of the Pumpkins' hits for Lockdown, "Bullet With Butterfly Wings" truly personified the ferocity and raw emotion of the annual event.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,919 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

ffs..another TNA PPV..They really should cut down to 8 a year. I hear the last PPV was shít..Might watch this one to see what it is like.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,118 ✭✭✭DenMan

Destination X was a very good ppv. Pi$$ed they didn't have the Elevation X match at it. They had the past two years with Rhino in both.

I'm surprised they picked this PPV for Sting Vs Foley. I'm sure I read in one of Foley's books that he never considered himself much of a cage match wrestler (Traditional cage match that is not hell in a cell)

DenMan wrote: »
    Destination X was a very good ppv. Pi$$ed they didn't have the Elevation X match at it. They had the past two years with Rhino in both.

Really??..Ive only heard bad things about it..Only the match for the X Division title was supposedly good though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 256 ✭✭OrtonViper

Destination X was a truely terrible ppv, it was like a prolonged episode of Impact. The two team captains of Lethal Lockdown are
    Jeff Jarrett vs. Kurt Angle.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,118 ✭✭✭DenMan

Sorry lads but I loved the Matt Morgan/Abyss match and was very surprised by the ending. Didn't expect it. Also didn't think AJ would beat Booker T for the Legends Championship, a real surprise. The X-Division match was awesome and Mick Foley sounded very heelish during the PPV. A great build up to Lockdown.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

OrtonViper wrote: »
    Destination X was a truely terrible ppv, it was like a prolonged episode of Impact. The two team captains of Lethal Lockdown are
    Jeff Jarrett vs. Kurt Angle.
    Wrong, the team captains are Angle and Joe.

Destination X wasn't great but it certainly wasn't awful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

callaway92 wrote: »
    ffs..another TNA PPV..They really should cut down to 8 a year. I hear the last PPV was shít..Might watch this one to see what it is like.

Yeah because all of WWE's PPV have been stellar to warrant 13-14 or so per year!

Why wouldn't TNA hold 12 PPV's a year to try to generate revenue and stay in business?!

ShawnRaven wrote: »
    Yeah because all of WWE's PPV have been stellar to warrant 13-14 or so per year!

Why wouldn't TNA hold 12 PPV's a year to try to generate revenue and stay in business?!

Id say they would sell the same amount with good build ups for 8-10 ppvs instead of cramping them all together..WWE has the star power for 13 a year..TNA doesnt

callaway92 wrote: »
    Id say they would sell the same amount with good build ups for 8-10 ppvs instead of cramping them all together..WWE has the star power for 13 a year..TNA doesnt

The problem isn't the amount of PPVs a year for TNA, it's the lack of time for buildup. I also believe that WWE fall into that same trap too.

You honestly believe WWE have the star power for 13 a year when they become so desperate that they drag in talentless slugs like Koslov for the main event? Sorry.

There have been many occasions where WWE have presented PPV's that have been more or less 3 hour RAW's. Armageddon 2008 was one of the last ones for a start.

• Advertisement

The problem isn't the amount of PPVs a year for TNA, it's the lack of time for buildup. I also believe that WWE fall into that same trap too.

I think thats where TNA has done so well with the Angle/Jarrett feud. They've given it a lot of time to build instead of having matches on consecutive PPV's (like WWE did with Jericho/HBK). Angle and Jarrett have been in the ring three times since their feud started in September, a great match at BFG, an excellent match at Genesis and the highest rated segment in iMPACT! history in this weeks tag match.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

I hope to god that EY beats Bonaduce , since i thing he is some tool

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

I hope to god that EY beats Bonaduce , since i thing he is some tool

I read that their radio show piece was a disaster as Bonaduce wouldn't talk about the match and was complaining about how little TNA would pay him

I can't stand TNA. I've been thinking about watching it regularly for a few weeks though, just to see if I can reaffirm what I already think. No point in continuing my complaining if I don't know what the shows are like now :pac:

Fozzy wrote: »
    I read that their radio show piece was a disaster as Bonaduce wouldn't talk about the match and was complaining about how little TNA would pay him

You can see for yourself, the full interview is in the first post.

Ha he should be happy there paying him tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭mawdz

Does anyone have any idea when Lockdown will be on bravo 1 cos i don't have bravo 2????

It's tends to repeated on Bravo the weekend after it's shown on Bravo 2 but not always.

gauntlet2.jpg
    TNA Management Director Jim Cornette has announced that there will be a huge Steel Cage Gauntlet Match this Thursday night involving 20 TNA Superstars to determined the captains for the Lethal Lockdown match on April 19! Which TNA superstars will survive the battle this Thursday to become the leaders of the Lethal Lockdown bout on April 19 on Pay-Per-View?

It's tends to repeated on Bravo the weekend after it's shown on Bravo 2 but not always.

Destination X wasn't, that said i heard I didn't miss much.

I hope they put the Guns vs. No Limit for the IWGP Jr. Heavyweight tag titles on Lockdown.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭mawdz

Ya destination x is on bravo this saturday so i guess 2 weeks time ill get to see Lockdown after someone blurts out all the results to me and ruins the fun :pac:

• Advertisement

mawdz wrote: »
    Ya destination x is on bravo this saturday so i guess 2 weeks time ill get to see Lockdown after someone blurts out all the results to me and ruins the fun :pac:

Cheers for the info on this, thought i'd have to wait for DVD release.

thought i'd have to wait for DVD release.

Would you have bought the DVD?

Nope, but i know someone who would have! :D He collects TNA stuff while i collect the WWE stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,056 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

A gauntlet cage match. Can't see it working.

A tournament with the last match being a cage match would be better.

At least it will be a long main event, going by what Cornette said on TNA Today this should go a minimum of 36 minutes and eliminations are through pinfall or submission. Plus the level of talent in that match is great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,056 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Eliminations through pinfall or submissions kind of defeats the purpose of a cage match though, unless all twenty of the entrants have had recent trouble with matches ending in interference, which wouldn't surprise me in TNA :rolleyes:

Eliminations through pinfall or submissions kind of defeats the purpose of a cage match though, unless all twenty of the entrants have had recent trouble with matches ending in interference, which wouldn't surprise me in TNA :rolleyes:

WWE have had cage matches in the past where pinfalls and submissions counted, to be fair.

WWE have had cage matches in the past where pinfalls and submissions counted, to be fair.

What I hate is when you can be pinned or submit and escape the cage. It should be one or the other.

What I hate is when you can be pinned or submit and escape the cage. It should be one or the other.

I won't disagree with you there. That said, Cage matches have been somewhat dormant since Hell In The Cell. On another note, i'm surprised Lockdown has survived as long as it has done. I remember laughing at the concept of every match being a cage match.

• Advertisement

On another note, i'm surprised Lockdown has survived as long as it has done. I remember laughing at the concept of every match being a cage match.

I've always liked Lockdown. TNA try to keep things as fresh as possible by having different stips. on the matches such as the X-Division X-cape and Lethal Lockdown. Unfortunately there are those that haven't worked aswell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭michael.etc...

Total agreement. It would add a whole new dimension too, if they really played up on the differences between such matches.

I agree with SR though on the overall concept of Lockdown- a mind bogglingly bad idea for a show. Even if they cut it down to being say three cage matches (which is still too many for me- but it's a compromise), for the top three feuds, it would be something of an improvement.

I'm not if the 3D/Beer Money match is actually an Off The Wagon challenge. They've made no mention of such on iMPACT recently.

MAIN EVENT: TNA WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT TITLE MATCH
    Mick Foley vs. (c) "The Icon" Sting

worldtitle.jpg

OFF THE WAGON CHALLENGE FOR THE TNA AND IWGP WORLD TAG TEAM TITLES:

ldtagtitle.jpg

THE RETURN OF THE LETHAL LOCKDOWN MATCH
    Featuring two teams battling inside the cage!

Just a few questions before I start watching Impact this week:

How did Mick become the number one contender?

What's an Off The Wagon match?

Have the IWGP titles been pushed at all on the show? Like have they said where they're from, who they were won from, anything like that?

Just a few questions before I start watching Impact this week:

How did Mick become the number one contender?

What's an Off The Wagon match?

Have the IWGP titles been pushed at all on the show? Like have they said where they're from, who they were won from, anything like that?
    1. Foley hit sting twice with the chair(once a the last ppv and on impact) . Sting wanted to no why he hit him the 2nd time and said if he wanted back in the game all he had to do was ask so sting challenged Foley to a match at LD.

2 Off The Wagon is used when they want to write wrestlers off (eg when they have been fired) so they but them in a match against beer money and whatever team loses they are gone from tna

3. Yea the IWGP titles have been kinda pushed on the show , 3D are always walking to the ring with them

They have pushed the IWGP tag titles (though referring to them the majority of the time as the New Japan tag titles) and have put them pretty much on par (though slightly below) the TNA tag belts.

And just a small correction there Furious-Red, it's not the team who are fired but the person who is pinned ie. Petey and Lance Hoyt (though Rave was quietly let go aswell).

• Advertisement

I'd heard about Beer Money's opponents being fired alright. It sounds like Sting's the face and Mick's the heel from that account, is that how it is or are they both meant to be faces?

I'd heard about Beer Money's opponents being fired alright. It sounds like Sting's the face and Mick's the heel from that account, is that how it is or are they both meant to be faces?

I see it as them both being faces with Foley just being a little more volatile to add a little spice to the feud. Their promo work so far has been brilliant.

Official Lockdown '09 Website:
    http://www.lockdown2009.com/

I'm really hoping that this will be a major improvement over Destination X. I fell asleep halfway through it, it was that bad. TNA need to pull a couple of rabbits out of their hat for April.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Ah normally Lockdown is great though and Foley and Sting can just **** each other up in a cage as opposed to wrestling. I just hope to god there is only one womans match on the card and that the Lethal Lockdown has enough depth (TBH, I'm not sure it does but it is one of my favourite matches every year so I'm optomistic)

• Advertisement

I fell asleep halfway through it, it was that bad. TNA need to pull a couple of rabbits out of their hat for April.

Does that mean you missed the Ultimate X then?, if so then watching the rest was made a relative waste. I really do think they're going to go all out at Lockdown and give WrestleMania as good a run for their money as they can.
    Bubs101 wrote: »
    Ah normally Lockdown is great though and Foley and Sting can just **** each other up in a cage as opposed to wrestling. I just hope to god there is only one womans match on the card and that the Lethal Lockdown has enough depth (TBH, I'm not sure it does but it is one of my favourite matches every year so I'm optomistic)
    Featured at the event is the Lethal Lockdown, the X Division Xscape Match, the Knockouts Queen Of The Cage match and so much more. Check back next week for official match announcements!

There's only 4 per team in Lethal Lockdown this year, it's Team Angle vs. Team ??? with Joe (he refused his right to captaincy so it will probably be Jarrett). The above quote is form the Lockdown website that I posted the link to above so I'd say the Queen of the Cage will only have one person aiming to get in the cage and then she challenges Kong. X-Division X-scape is always a great match and I hope they don't put Booker and AJ in Lethal Lockdown, I'd prefer to see them go at it with a little more time than they had at Destination X. Abyss vs. Morgan can probably be counted on but the might just throw them into Lethal Lockdown.

Does that mean you missed the Ultimate X then?, if so then watching the rest was made a relative waste. I really do think they're going to go all out at Lockdown and give WrestleMania as good a run for their money as they can.

Yeah i did, thankfully i recorded it though so i will watch it tomorrow. :)

SIX SIDES OF STEEL: MAIN EVENT FOR THE TNA WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP
    Hardcore Legend Mick Foley vs. (c) "The Icon" Sting

worldtitle.jpg

SIX SIDES OF STEEL: THE RETURN OF THE LETHAL LOCKDOWN
    Team Angle (Kurt Angle, Booker T, Scott Steiner & Kevin Nash) vs. Team Jarrett (Jeff Jarrett, AJ Styles, Samoa Joe & ???)

SIX SIDES OF STEEL: WORLD TAG TEAM DOMINATION - TITLE VS. TITLE

ldtagtitle.jpg

X DIVISION XSCAPE MATCH FOR THE X CHAMPIONSHIP
    Black Machismo vs. Sheik Abdul Bashir vs. Consequences Creed vs. Kiyoshi vs. (c) Suicide

xscape.jpg

TNA KNOCKOUTS WOMENS CHAMPIONSHIP
    Taylor Wilde vs. Angelina Love vs. (c) Awesome Kong

QUEEN OF THE CAGE MATCH
    ODB vs. Madison Rayne vs. Daffney vs. Sojo Bolt

NEW JAPAN JR. TAG TEAM TITLE MATCH
    The Latin American Xchange vs. No Limit vs. (c) The Motor City Machineguns

Final Lethal Lockdown person
    Christopher Daniels returns as the final person in Lethal Lockdown and faces Angle that night. Daniels may have to pull double duty that night unless Kaz is ready.

Keep me posted and lemme know when that eventually gets shown on Bravo 1 please. :)

Keep me posted and lemme know when that eventually gets shown on Bravo 1 please. :)

I most certainly will. It's shaping up to be a really good card (unfortunately the same could be said for Destination X and we know how that turned out) and Morgan vs. Abyss in a Doomsday Chamber of Blood match is unofficially on the card (Abyss said he accepted the challenge on iMPACT!). Foley keeps teasing a cage dive aswell.

Foley keeps teasing a cage dive aswell.

He won't do it. He's a shell of a man he was nearly 11 years ago.

Card with Morgan/Abyss made official:

SIX SIDES OF STEEL: MAIN EVENT FOR THE TNA WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP
    Hardcore Legend Mick Foley vs. (c) "The Icon" Sting

worldtitle.jpg

SIX SIDES OF STEEL: THE RETURN OF THE LETHAL LOCKDOWN
    Team Angle (Kurt Angle, Booker T, Scott Steiner & Kevin Nash) vs. Team Jarrett (Jeff Jarrett, AJ Styles, Samoa Joe & ???)

SIX SIDES OF STEEL: WORLD TAG TEAM DOMINATION - TITLE VS. TITLE

ldtagtitle.jpg

X DIVISION XSCAPE MATCH FOR THE X CHAMPIONSHIP
    Black Machismo vs. Sheik Abdul Bashir vs. Consequences Creed vs. Kiyoshi vs. (c) Suicide

xscape.jpg

SIX SIDES OF STEEL TNA KNOCKOUTS WOMENS CHAMPIONSHIP
    Taylor Wilde vs. Angelina Love vs. (c) Awesome Kong

SIX SIDES OF STEEL DOOMSDAY CHAMBER OF BLOOD
    Abyss vs. "The Blueprint" Matt Morgan

SIX SIDES OF STEEL QUEEN OF THE CAGE MATCH
    ODB vs. Madison Rayne vs. Daffney vs. Sojo Bolt

SIX SIDES OF STEEL NEW JAPAN JR. TAG TEAM TITLE MATCH
    The Latin American Xchange vs. No Limit vs. (c) The Motor City Machineguns

PW Insider reported the other day that Bonaduce/EY has been made a dark match as TNA don't feel it fits with the serious nature of the PPV. Foley said twice that he might come off the cage and I'm not one to question Mr. Foley, though I couldn't see him balancing himself on the thin cage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

What are the rules for the Xscape match? First out or first in to the cage?

Bubs101 wrote: »
    What are the rules for the Xscape match? First out or first in to the cage?

Elimination through pin or submission down to the final two and then first to escape (Unless they've been changed).

http://www.tnawrestling.com/content/view/1432/84/
    TOTAL NONSTOP ACTION (TNA) WRESTLING TO AIR FREE LIVE PRESHOW FOR “LOCKDOWN” PAY-PER-VIEW EVENT

TNA’S “LOCKDOWN 2009” PRESHOW TO AIR LIVE ONLINE AT TNAWRESTLING.COM AS WELL AS CABLE AND SATELLITE PROVIDERS WORLDWIDE

Total Nonstop Action (TNA) Wrestling will debut a free live “Lockdown 2009” preshow event available at www.tnawrestling.com as well as on cable and satellite systems at 7:30 p.m. ET this Sunday, April 19 before its “Lockdown 2009” airs live from the Liacouras Center in Philadelphia, Pa at 8 p.m. ET / 5 p.m. PT.

The special “Lockdown 2009” preshow will feature an exclusive live match between reality star and Philadelphia radio personality Danny Bonaduce and TNA Superstar “Showtime” Eric Young, as well as exclusive interviews and news leading up to one of TNA Wrestling’s biggest pay-per-view events of the year.

Fans can tune into the exclusive “Lockdown 2009” preshow online at www.tnawrestling.com or on television with any cable or satellite provider carrying pay-per-view events. TNA Wrestling has partnered with internet broadcasters MyContent.com to simulcast the preshow live for the first time in TNA history.

“TNA fans now have a chance to get a live preview of one of the most exciting TNA events of the year thanks to MyContent.com’s unique online video delivery system, plus an exclusive grudge match between Danny Bonaduce and “Showtime” Eric Young,” TNA Vice President of Marketing Mike Weber said.

“We are extremely excited to be joining forces with one of the most electrifying brands in sports today in TNA Wrestling. Mycontent.com is the perfect platform for TNA to deliver both live and taped events to their ever-growing audience of online fans,” said, Dale Torborg, MyContent.com Chief Marketing Officer.

“Lockdown 2009” airs live on pay-per-view this Sunday, April 19 from the Liacouras Center in Philadelphia, Pa., featuring every match inside the six sides of steel. TNA World Heavyweight Champion “The Icon” Sting will defend his title against Mick Foley, while Olympic Gold Medalist Kurt Angle assembles a team to take on TNA Founder Jeff Jarrett and company in the “Lethal Lockdown” match.

• Advertisement
Advertisement