Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

TNA Lockdown 2009 *WILL CONTAIN DELICIOUS SPOILERS!*

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Bubs101 wrote: »
    What are the rules for the Xscape match? First out or first in to the cage?

The fact that you had to ask and the fact that I wondered the exact same thing tells us all you need to about TNA's booking.:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 256 ✭✭OrtonViper

For anyone who didn't know.
    'The Fallen Angel' Chrsitopher Daniels is returning this week to be the forth member of Team Jarrett

Can't wait to see that.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,174 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

OrtonViper wrote: »
    For anyone who didn't know.
    'The Fallen Angel' Chrsitopher Daniels is returning this week to be the forth member of Team Jarrett

Can't wait to see that.
    Yea i heard when Daniels returned he got a pretty big pop

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

flahavaj wrote: »
    The fact that you had to ask and the fact that I wondered the exact same thing tells us all you need to about TNA's booking.:pac:

Why? I believe Mike Tenay explained the rules of the match this week on iMPACT! when running down the card. Added to the fact that this match type has been on each of the previous four Lockdown's.

Why? I believe Mike Tenay explained the rules of the match this week on iMPACT! when running down the card. Added to the fact that this match type has been on each of the previous four Lockdown's.
    Because this is TNA by definition everything is over-complicated and unnecessarily convoluted.:pac:

Because this is TNA by definition everything is over-complicated and unnecessarily convoluted.:pac:

I think the X-scape rules are rather simple. Raw
    Did you not see this weeks Raw?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

I've still been watching Impact. Haven't seen last week's episode yet though. I had to laugh at Cornette saying that the rules for the Lockdown main event are simple, followed by a convoluted explanation that I'm not sure I followed completely

I don't remember hearing why Angle was made captain of one of the teams at Lockdown. Is it just because it's a Main Event Mafia team and he's the leader? If that's it then why were he and the other Mafia members in the elimination cage match to decide a captain for the other team? And is the other team just a Frontline team? I still don't know who's in the Frontline, I've never seen them together in any form in nine hours of tv

The editing on the Mick Foley sit-down interview the week before last was just weird. Nearly all their backstage editing is like that. Totally unnatural

I think the X-scape rules are rather simple. Raw
    Did you not see this weeks Raw?

You say that now, but they'll find some way to make it complicated, just watch.:pac:

Fozzy wrote: »
    I had to laugh at Cornette saying that the rules for the Lockdown main event are simple, followed by a convoluted explanation that I'm not sure I followed completely

For you and others that I'm sure might want to know, here are the Lethal Lockdown rules. 2 teams, each with 4 members. 1 member of each team begin and wrestle for an opening period of 5 minutes then another person from the team that has won the best of three series (which is currently at 1-1) enters. Then every two minutes another person enters until all eight men have entered the match. The roof is then lowered and the first pinfall or submission decides the winning team.
    I don't remember hearing why Angle was made captain of one of the teams at Lockdown. Is it just because it's a Main Event Mafia team and he's the leader? If that's it then why were he and the other Mafia members in the elimination cage match to decide a captain for the other team?

There was a gauntlet match a few weeks ago in which the final two became team captains. Angle and Joe won. Joe refused captaincy (but accepted a place in the match) and then Jarrett offered captaincy to Styles who refused (but still took a place in the match) and said Jarrett deserved it. There we have Angle and Jarrett as captains.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Ah, I got confused with the "final two participants" part somewhere along the line. The actual winner of the match didn't get anything special then, did they?

The actual winner of the match didn't get anything special then, did they?

Not this year (unless it's announced this week). In 2007 though, the person who got the winning pin got an NWA title shot.

Final Card for Lockdown in match order:

Live Online Preshow: Eric Young vs. Danny Bonaduce

e1239898139.jpg

1st Match: Xscape Match for the X Division Championship: Suicide vs. Kiyoshi vs. Sheik Abdul Bashir vs. Black Machismo vs. Consequences Creed

2nd Match: Queen Of The Cage Match: Madison Rayne vs. Sojo Bolt vs. Daffney vs. ODB

3rd Match: New Japan Jr. Tag Team Championship: The Motor City Machineguns vs. No Limit vs. The Latin American Xchange

4th Match: Doomsday Chamber of Blood: Abyss vs. "The Blueprint" Matt Morgan

5th Match: Knockout Women's Championship: Awesome Kong vs. Angelina Love vs. Taylor Wilde

ppvlineup.jpg

6th Match: Philly Street Fight (Title vs. Title) TNA World Tag Team Champions Beer Money, Inc vs. New Japan Tag Team Champions Team 3D

streetfight2.jpg

Lethal Lockdown: Team Jarrett (Jeff Jarrett, AJ Styles, Samoa Joe & Christopher Daniels) vs. Team Angle (Kurt Angle, Kevin Nash, Booker T & Scott Steiner)

lethal.jpg

TNA World Heavyweight Championship: "The Icon" Sting vs. Hardcore Legend Mick Foley

sundaypreshow.jpg

sunday3.jpg

http://www.lockdown2009.com/

Smashing Pumpkins / TNA Lockdown Video:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMAMuQgsPZk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

I kinda feel Samoa Joe might turn on his team

This show was the potential to completely destroy WrestleMania in match quality and build for the main matches as well for that matter. The womens title match could be good. Queen Of The Cage will most defiantly be the worst match on the card. New Japan Jr. tag and Xscape matches should be great, quick X-Division action.

Doomsday Chamber of Blood: You must make your opponent bleed before you can beat him, it should be decent. The tag title match is one of the best built tag feuds in years and should be a great match, it's interesting that they're going to open the cage for this one. Team Jarrett could not define the history of TNA any better and Team Angle could not define the present of TNA any better, Lethal Lockdown is always a great match and hopefully this year won't be any different.

And then there's the main event for the TNA World Heavyweight title: Sting vs. Mick Foley. The build up and promo work for this match has been fantastic, probably better than anything on the WM card. Will the match live up to the build though? Foley was interviewed by IGN the other day and it seemed like he had something to prove and twice on iMPACT! in the last month he teased a cage dive. It's going to be a very interesting match and Lockdown is a show I'm very much looking forward to.

JP Liz wrote: »
    I kinda feel Samoa Joe might turn on his team

They've been teasing that Jarrett will. If Joe does turn, I doubt it will be to join the MEM but rather he just doesn't care who he destroys.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,419 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

This show was the potential to completely destroy WrestleMania in match quality and build for the main matches as well for that matter. The womens title match could be good. Queen Of The Cage will most defiantly be the worst match on the card. New Japan Jr. tag and Xscape matches should be great, quick X-Division action.

Doomsday Chamber of Blood: You must make your opponent bleed before you can beat him, it should be decent. The tag title match is one of the best built tag feuds in years and should be a great match, it's interesting that they're going to open the cage for this one. Team Jarrett could not define the history of TNA any better and Team Angle could not define the present of TNA any better, Lethal Lockdown is always a great match and hopefully this year won't be any different.

And then there's the main event for the TNA World Heavyweight title: Sting vs. Mick Foley. The build up and promo work for this match has been fantastic, probably better than anything on the WM card. Will the match live up to the build though? Foley was interviewed by IGN the other day and it seemed like he had something to prove and twice on iMPACT! in the last month he teased a cage dive. It's going to be a very interesting match and Lockdown is a show I'm very much looking forward to.

In fairness WM wasn't executed well so saying lockdown should be better isn't saying a lot. Maybe it should be compared to the last one night stand, that way you are comparing the two gimmick/hardcore style ppv events of the companies.

TNA have built the main feuds over time and shows the benefit of only having one show a week.

DM-ICE wrote: »
    In fairness WM wasn't executed well so saying lockdown should be better isn't saying a lot.

TNA have built the main feuds over time and shows the benefit of only having one show a week.

Which is one of the main reasons it should be better than WWE biggest show of the year. Theoretically WWE should have the same amount of build for a show but instead they had feuds that crossed each brand over seven weeks of TV and it was overkill (even seven weeks on one show would be overkill never mind two shows).

Which is one of the main reasons it should be better than WWE biggest show of the year. Theoretically WWE should have the same amount of build for a show but instead they had feuds that crossed each brand over seven weeks of TV and it was overkill (even seven weeks on one show would be overkill never mind two shows).

But when comparing ppvs we should still compare like for like shows. Mania wasn't about a gimmick/spot/extreme style of wrestling. One night stand was and this year i imagine extreme rules will be in july. Mania was about tellling some stories and mixing showbiz with wrestling like every other year.

Is lock down TNA biggest show of the year? Is the premiere event not bound for glory

But when comparing ppvs we should still compare like for like shows.

I am comparing like for like, TNA April show vs. WWE April show to see which company put on a better PPV (regardless of style) in April. And yes BFG is TNA's top show but Lockdown is in TNA's big three (with Slammiversary).

I am comparing like for like, TNA April show vs. WWE April show to see which company put on a better PPV (regardless of style) in April. And yes BFG is TNA's top show but Lockdown is in TNA's big three (with Slammiversary).

Fair enough, i would rather compare shows of a similar style and idea. Not sure if the ppvs and what the companies expect to showcase in april are comparable, thats just my view.

I hope lockdown comes off well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭the flananator

Hmm must start watching TNA again.

One thing to bear in mind though; Impact picked up enourmously this time last year leading into Lockdown, then delved right back into the ****s again immediately after.

TNA Lockdown will air here on Wednesday night from 9pm to 1am on Bravo 2. For SR, it is listed on Bravo for Saturday morning from 11am to 3pm.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

I dont watch TNA and have a poor opinion of it from what i have previously seen but i have to admit this PPV has me interested and i might even view it if there is a good stream easily available at the time, but as you said its one of their big three shows so im not expecting TNA to always build like this to a PPV and fear it will be back to a sub par norm afterwards especially as another poster (who as most who post about TNA here do, prob knows more about it than me) mentioned that happened last year i.e they did well pre lockdown only to get poorer after again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

What time would this be starting at live our time does anyone know? Just out of curiousity, would it be 1am like wwe ppvs?

orestes wrote: »
    What time would this be starting at live our time does anyone know? Just out of curiousity, would it be 1am like wwe ppvs?

1am indeed. Live Pre-Show can be seen here: http://www.mycontent.com/tna/Default.aspx at 12:30 but registration is required. The Pre-Show will include an interview with Dixie Carter and Eric Young vs. Danny Bonaduce.

Mike Tenay and Don West run down the card, Foley/Sting Preview Video and Lethal Lockdown Preview Video all in the same video:eek::
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZwJrW8htl4

• Closed Accounts Posts: 741 ✭✭✭pingu_girl

1am indeed. Live Pre-Show can be seen here: http://www.mycontent.com/tna/Default.aspx at 12:30 but registration is required. The Pre-Show will include an interview with Dixie Carter and Eric
    Young vs. Danny Bonaduce.

Thanks for that lad,

Just signed up any idea how long it takes before you can sign in after you get to the "we have you down as requesting Screen Name:" stage?

pingu_girl wrote: »
    Just signed up any idea how long it takes before you can sign in after you get to the "we have you down as requesting Screen Name:" stage?

I never had that stage, it sent me a confirmation email straight away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 741 ✭✭✭pingu_girl

It worked anyways bit of an odd message I got, The tag matchs on the ppv look but none of the singles matchs look good, Spoilers from pre show....

Eric Young Beat. Danny Bonaduce, (savage moonsault)

Eric Young was looking lovely

After the match Danny Bonaduce attacked Eric Young with nunchucks

Rhyno came to help Eric young and gored Danny bonaduce

Dixie Carters came out and thanked the fans and her dress was unreal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

Something tells me Jarrett is going to replace himself in this match in the interest of fairness after his decision on iMPACT

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Bobby Lashley. Did not see that coming at all I have to say.

Some really poor production/directing tonight. Missing the pin attempt in the Tag Title match. I thought the commentary almost ruined the ending of the Lethal Lockdown match.

And what the **** is up with having Lashley come out and just cut away. I can see some reason for having him come out and leave it at that, with reactions etc., but it just seemed stupid to me to cut away to another match so quickly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

First TNA I've ever watched, and I gotta admit I'm very bloody impressed. A couple of production problems (like the tag thing amacachi mentioned) but the talent is amazing, performance wise I am impressed as hell. Styles and Daniels are amazing, have seen a fair bit of Joe on youtube so was familiar with him but he still impresses the hell out of me. The knockouts division is excellent, they can actually wrestle unlike the WWE models with a week of wrestling training. The X-division is just unreal (have been watching a lot of that stuff on youtube recently as SR can attest to) and exciting as hell.

Getting Lashley in is a big step for them, regardless of how limited he is as a performer he is guaranteed to bring in viewers between the UFC hype and WWE fans who will switch stations to see what's going on when they hear he is in TNA.

I gotta admit, as a life-long WWE fan, they lost a fan tonight. If that's the quality of matches that TNA are putting on regularly, I'm jumping ship. TNA can learn a few things off Vince about producing, but Vince can learn a hell of a lot more from TNA about a good product.

orestes wrote: »
    First TNA I've ever watched, and I gotta admit I'm very bloody impressed. A couple of production problems (like the tag thing amacachi mentioned) but the talent is amazing, performance wise I am impressed as hell. Styles and Daniels are amazing, have seen a fair bit of Joe on youtube so was familiar with him but he still impresses the hell out of me. The knockouts division is excellent, they can actually wrestle unlike the WWE models with a week of wrestling training. The X-division is just unreal (have been watching a lot of that stuff on youtube recently as SR can attest to) and exciting as hell.

Getting Lashley in is a big step for them, regardless of how limited he is as a performer he is guaranteed to bring in viewers between the UFC hype and WWE fans who will switch stations to see what's going on when they hear he is in TNA.

I gotta admit, as a life-long WWE fan, they lost a fan tonight. If that's the quality of matches that TNA are putting on regularly, I'm jumping ship. TNA can learn a few things off Vince about producing, but Vince can learn a hell of a lot more from TNA about a good product.

Styles and Daniels are brilliant, no doubt about it.

What's annoying me is that I've only been watching the odd bit of TNA for the last 18 months or so and the Production has only gotten worse since I watched it regularly.

Only really watched the last three matches and they weren't bad but I don't think I'll be able to watch any more TNA for a while after having my ears raped by those two damn commentators.

amacachi wrote: »
    Styles and Daniels are brilliant, no doubt about it.

What's annoying me is that I've only been watching the odd bit of TNA for the last 18 months or so and the Production has only gotten worse since I watched it regularly.

Only really watched the last three matches and they weren't bad but I don't think I'll be able to watch any more TNA for a while after having my ears raped by those two damn commentators.

The commentors are annoying, the biggest frustration for me is they have some incredible young wrestlers but they are always stuck with or under the older guys. Foley is now the champ, thats just lunacy. I know most promotions have the same problem. But tna once looked like they were trying to create new stars with the aid of experienced guys, now looks like they just import old guys into the top spots.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

I've said it time and time again. Tenay is half decent, but Westy needed to receive his walking papers about four years ago!

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭TheIrishLegend

amacachi wrote: »
    Bobby Lashley. Did not see that coming at all I have to say.
    Thanks but really...shouldn't that be a spoiler???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,358 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

take a look at the title of the thread.

SlickRic wrote: »
    take a look at the title of the thread.
    Yes but have a look at every single other spoiler in the thread. Bar that one. The rest are in spoiler format.

Please read the charter. Spoiler tags don't need to be used as long as the thread title mentions that there are spoilers inside.

If the title doesn't mention that, then spoiler tags are required.

• Advertisement

Yes but have a look at every single other spoiler in the thread. Bar that one. The rest are in spoiler format.

They were posted before i was requested to edit the title to include the spoiler warnings.

Again, please read the charter, it has something in there to do with backseat modding too. :P

Fair enough. My bad. Just thought everyone else went to the trouble.
    On a lighter note I really thought they're former world champ would be Taz. Imagin half way through the show Taz music hits he comes to announcer table and chokes out Don West and takes his seat at the announcers table for the rest of the brodcast. That would be awesome. Adding Taz's voice to TNA could only of been a good thing....Ah well.....

Adding Taz's voice to TNA could only of been a good thing....Ah well.....

Not if West was still there, nothing will help while he's there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,041 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

A bit off topic, but am I the only one who actually liked Tony Schiavone's commentary?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Lashley huh. That bathturd is one good coup. :pac:

Who was the second champion though? Wasn't there supposed to be two former champs showing up?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Who was the second champion though? Wasn't there supposed to be two former champs showing up?

Stevie Richards making his debut in in his character

• Advertisement

Nope. One former champ and then the start of clues to unlock the identity of the next former champ. Clues point to taz as joe had directions before the match from someone outside the screen, came to the ring wearing a towel over his head and then unleashed a heap of suplexes in the ring. Taz to be joes mentor and take him into the next pahse of his career in tna.

Nope. One former champ and then the start of clues to unlock the identity of the next former champ. Clues point to taz as joe had directions before the match from someone outside the screen, came to the ring wearing a towel over his head and then unleashed a heap of suplexes in the ring. Taz to be joes mentor and take him into the next pahse of his career in tna.
    Joe has always taken a towel to the ring and thrown suplexes though. The second champion was Stevie Richards.

Joe has always taken a towel to the ring and thrown suplexes though. The second champion was Stevie Richards.

He usually doesn't wear it over his head. I could be wrong but i believe from what i have read today that stevie was not the 2nd champ and that clues to the 2nd former champs identity were to start at lockdown. If i'm wrong i'm sorry.

He usually doesn't wear it over his head. I could be wrong but i believe from what i have read today that stevie was not the 2nd champ and that clues to the 2nd former champs identity were to start at lockdown. If i'm wrong i'm sorry.

Jaysus, don't be sorry lad! I just assumed Stevie was the second World Champ. If that Taz storyline does come to fruition it sounds pretty decent and Taz as a mentor to Joe would certainly be a pairing I'd enjoy watching, they have a lot in common stylistically.

Jaysus, don't be sorry lad! I just assumed Stevie was the second World Champ. If that Taz storyline does come to fruition it sounds pretty decent and Taz as a mentor to Joe would certainly be a pairing I'd enjoy watching, they have a lot in common stylistically.

I have to be sorry if i'm wrong, one because it would be a shame if it doesn't happen and second i've mentioned it here and maybe created unjustified interest. I read it on the suns review of lockdown and also on lordsofpain (Lordsofpain has pop ups). I can't post links as my internet connection at home is only 3 mobile while i read it in work earlier today. Sun also said they had it from JJ and Dixie that bobby would be working the full tna schedule along with his mma commitments. Check it out if you can.

• Advertisement
Advertisement