Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

TNA Lockdown 2009 *WILL CONTAIN DELICIOUS SPOILERS!*

13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

I don't think Stevie Richards is the second person, I'd say it's whoever was with Joe.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

does the 90 day thing count for commentators? i assume it does.

I did over hear 2 folks talkin about TNA today and one said Tazz was with Joe and that Joe was wearing a towel over his head when he came out like Tazz used to and straight off did multiple suplexes like Tazz used to, but tbh i assumed it was bullplop

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

does the 90 day thing count for commentators?
    I was under the impression his contract expired so theres no no compete clause, he can work wherever he likes.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Then maybe he will be TNA bound and just hadnt finalised things for lockdown but was there who knows. Had actually intended to watch lockdown but my internet went on the fritz sunday night

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

When is this on Bravo?

- Will we find out who Samoa Joe was talking to at Lockdown? And what was with the black towel he brought with him?

That's straight from the iMPACT! Preview on TNAwrestling.com. When he was to come out during Lethal Lockdown he was shown backstage talking to someone behind a curtain. Joe was wearing the black towel over his head (if I remember right). When he eventually came out he nailed Steiner and Angle with a series of Tazz-like suplexes.

JP Liz wrote: »
    When is this on Bravo?

Tomorrow night at 9 on Bravo 2. It's on Bravo 1 at 11 on Saturday morning.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,174 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Just finished watching Lockdown and must say i was very impressed. Opening match was great shows how good the X Division is.

Queen Of The Cage was very good aswell all 4 knockouts had a great match

3 Way Tag was imo MOTN

The Abyss/Morgan match was meh wasnt really interested in that match

3 Way Womens Match was good aswell good to have Angelina Love as the champ ( The beautiful People faction has impressed me over the last few months) lets hope they dont make Kong a face which will ruin the character

Tag Title Match was pretty good the crowd were really into it

Lethal Lockdown was pretty decent , i actually thought Joe had taken out Nash when they showed him backstage. Styles spot was pretty good id say it must have hurt.

Main Event i didnt have great expectations tbh lets hope Foley isnt the champ for long since he cant wrestle anymore. Maybe they could have a tournament for it and give it to someone like Daniels

3 Way Womens Match

Love apparently suffered a concussion as a result of the Wilde crossbody towards the end. She really did look out of it towards the end.

Don't really want to start a new thread over this so I'll put it here, TNA are apparently close to completing the signings of Amazing Red and Paul London. If they could sign both it would be fantastic for the X-Division.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,419 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Love apparently suffered a concussion as a result of the Wilde crossbody towards the end. She really did look out of it towards the end.

Don't really want to start a new thread over this so I'll put it here, TNA are apparently close to completing the signings of Amazing Red and Paul London. If they could sign both it would be fantastic for the X-Division.

Always liked the x division so anything that helps it is good as far as i'm concerned. Just wondering, as an up and coming company are they now taking on too many people? I mean, it adds to the costs and i doubt they are making any money as it stands. They already have a good roster so do they need to keep adding to it? Likes of london and red would be cheap enough but when you add it all up it could add unrequired extra pressure on the finances.

• Advertisement

DM-ICE wrote: »
    Always liked the x division so anything that helps it is good as far as i'm concerned. Just wondering, as an up and coming company are they now taking on too many people? I mean, it adds to the costs and i doubt they are making any money as it stands. They already have a good roster so do they need to keep adding to it? Likes of london and red would be cheap enough but when you add it all up it could add unrequired extra pressure on the finances.

TNA are borderline breaking even I believe (and maybe even a little profitable). TNA recently cleared out Lance Hoyt, Jimmy Rave, Petey Williams and Sonjay Dutt so they do need new talent to replace them, their mid-card is a little thin at the moment.

TNA are borderline breaking even I believe (and maybe even a little profitable). TNA recently cleared out Lance Hoyt, Jimmy Rave, Petey Williams and Sonjay Dutt so they do need new talent to replace them, their mid-card is a little thin at the moment.

Well thats good news. I didn't realise they were okay financially. Why get rid of williams and dutt and replace them with soemone from outside tna?

Did you see any of lockdown yet or will you be waiting for tomorrow?

Well thats good news. I didn't realise they were okay financially. Why get rid of williams and dutt and replace them with soemone from outside tna?

Did you see any of lockdown yet or will you be waiting for tomorrow?

I remember reading at the time that they wanted to freshen up their mid-card as some people had just been floating around there for years (Hoyt, Williams and Dutt though I think they should have kept Williams).

I've seen all of Lockdown.

I never seen stuff with Amazing Red but it would be great to see London in the X Division

I never seen stuff with Amazing Red

Amazing Red was the foundation of the X-Division back in 2002. He is a really great, exciting wrestler.

I remember reading at the time that they wanted to freshen up their mid-card as some people had just been floating around there for years (Hoyt, Williams and Dutt though I think they should have kept Williams).

I've seen all of Lockdown.

How did you feel it went, was it a good show? I might be able to catch it on saturday.

Re releases and hirings, no harm in freshening things up, tna are good at keeping things in house so maybe there were other reasons why someone like petey was let go.

How did you feel it went, was it a good show? I might be able to catch it on saturday.

I thought it was a really good show, I'll give a full match by match write up tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

She posted an update on her myspace earlier today about about it:

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Thank You's and Updates!

First off, thank you from the bottom of my heart to everyone who wrote me to see if I was okay and to congratulate me on winning the TNA Knockouts Championship last night at Lockdown.
    In an update, I did receive a concussion from Taylor Wilde's top rope crossbody. Guess thats her payback for us cutting her hair! I caught her hip bone in my jaw and it knocked me clean out. Unfortunately, I dont even remember winning! When I watch it back, I'll be able to try and put the pieces of my scrambled brains back together! and my jaw!
    It was a hell of a match and being inside a cage with those two was like nothing I can explain. Two former TNA Knockout Champions took it to me but somehow I made it out alive (thanks to referee Rudy Charles for practically carrying me to the back afterwards!). Now its time to take this wonderful title to a whole new level................A BEAUTIFUL level!
    Angelina Love as TNA Knockout Champion will NEVER disappoint!!
    HOLLER!!!!

Would be great to see London in TNA, I wonder if he'll bring his new air force type gimmick with him :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Would be great to see London in TNA, I wonder if he'll bring his new air force type gimmick with him :P

Apparently they're coming in as a tag team because they're BFFs in real life

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

Bubs101 wrote: »

That should be interesting. From matches I've watched online, Amazing Red is very impressive. Looks as though they would make an good pairing. Have heard only good about matches they have had against each other in ROH.

Credit: PWInsider.com

Former WWE Tag Team champion Paul London was backstage at the Impact tapings on Tuesday. He was slated to debut with TNA as part of a team with The Amazing Red, who is a former X-Division champion, but it was canceled and London is no longer expected to work for TNA. After tonight’s taping, one TNA source felt London had probably lost his spot in the company, but things can always change. TNA management was not happy with the way the situation went down, although there aren’t many details on what exactly did go down.

There’s no word on where this may leave Red in regards to his future in TNA.

Just a reminder that Lockdown began 5 minutes ago on Bravo 2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Bubs101 wrote: »

Check out the you-tube thread to see the REALLY good tag team London's about to form. Seems like they've been smoking some strong sh*t in their spare time too.:pac:

Advertisement