Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Study, Study and More Study

Options
  • 22-03-2009 6:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭

So guys and girls, looking too see how you guys are doing so far, what kind of study time are we putting in?? Hows it going feel stressed ??? Anyone not started studying yet??? If not what you planning on doing :D

Me myself I've done sweet F All !!! Planning on starting soon haa with bad mock results I really should!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭happydayz182

Crammed for the mocks the night before and have been on vacation since..better cop on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭Swizz

Same here, I just cant stop! Damn the interweb

I don't study... God Damn Football Manager.

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭CarefulNow

I don't study... God Damn Football Manager.
    I had to uninstall that before Christmas. I was very addicted. It made no difference really. I still don't do any study.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

Need to do alot more!

French Oral on Tuesday >_<

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭TheCardHolder

Give me motivation.

KTHXBAI

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭xOxSinéadxOx

I don't study either. I'm planning on starting after my orals and practicals ( I remember when I was thinking I might start after xmas :pac:)

anybody have any tips on how to study, how do you lot study and motivate yourself and all?

I don't study either. I'm planning on starting after my orals and practicals ( I remember when I was thinking I might start after xmas :pac:)

anybody have any tips on how to study, how do you lot study and motivate yourself and all?

Disconnect the internet:pac:
    Its something I've been unable to do

Disconnect the internet:pac:
    Its something I've been unable to do

If I keep going the way I'm going, I'm gonna ask my parents to take my laptop off me!

And I dunno, lock guitars and whatnot in the shed.

Then I MIGHT get some work done.

Fad wrote: »
    If I keep going the way I'm going, I'm gonna ask my parents to take my laptop off me!

And I dunno, lock guitars and whatnot in the shed.

Then I MIGHT get some work done.

Agreed, If I see A word I don't recognise in my french book I'll look it up online which leads to surfing boards/5 other sites for an hour.:pac:

• Advertisement

Agreed, If I see A word I don't recognise in my french book I'll look it up online which leads to surfing boards/5 other sites for an hour.:pac:

I came down here to get a dictionary!
    FFS

Didnt even mean go near this!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭Swizz

Fad wrote: »
    I came down here to get a dictionary!
    FFS

Didnt even mean go near this!

Be wary of the computers attractive field, dont look at it or you will be tempted to turn it on, like me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Jello

Haven't done any serious study in ages - thanks to rugby matches/birthday/Paddy's Day/gigs/good weather. Gonna try and get into the swing of things from now on though.

Swizz wrote: »
    Be wary of the computers attractive field, dont look at it or you will be tempted to turn it on, like me.

Dont even need to turn it on, just open it up and the internet is there.

Screw this, I'm going back to the attic, gonna try and do half an hour more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 Richyj_0

I'm going to start properly after the orals and after I get my projects completely sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Finical

Richyj_0 wrote: »
    I'm going to start properly after the orals and after I get my projects completely sorted.
    That's my plan aswell, going to whore the study for Easter.

I haven't done anything for orals yet, is it always alphabetically?

what do you mean is it always alphbetically?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 451 ✭✭seven-iron

The best thing to do is have a go at the exam papers. Even if you haven't got a clue just try them. Then look at the model answers/solutions and pick two or three things/mistakes that you left out of your answer, whether it be an essay type question or a computational. Then do the question again and you should remember the few places where you went wrong.

Keep doing it that way and if theres always one or two mistakes you make I guarantee you that it will be the first thing that you jot down in the real exam. I call it backwards study because you don't start by opening the book and reading but you start by completing the full exam standard questions. Have a default subject that you can rely on to study when your hungover or tired. Mine is Maths.

Make it a results oriented game by competing with yourself and seeing how right you can get your answers. Never say to yourself your going to avoid a question or topic just because your not familiar with it, the only way to get familiar with it is to get stuck in, and yes its nitty gritty but fight it out. No one likes study remember that, it is a fight in many ways. You have to train hard and put the hard hours in. Some days you feel you may have only progressed a little and others a lot but keep at it and keep moving forward. You wont get the results over night but keep at it because you can do it! If you your goal is to get 300 points, ignore the guys going after the 500 mark or whatever. F!ck them! You worry about yourself.

Motivation isn't enough, you really have to force yourself. During the exam, if it isn't going well, keep saying to yourself "I'm going to get an A". Keep saying it. When you wake up every morning from here on in, shout in the mirror, "you can do this sh!te", "I'm Great". Try it.

Lastly, you need a huge goal, doesn't need to be sensible. I knew if I got the points I'd get my college course and if I did well there Id get my job and if I worked hard there, I might some day get my Ferrari. If on some evening if I found myself watching Hollyoaks or some other rubbish I would make myself study by thinking of myself some time in the future driving my new Ferrari out of the dealership. Thinking, "Damn, Am I glad I studied that day!".
    By the way I got 125 in the mocks and managed 350 in the end. Best of Luck, now go and f*cking do it because you know you can

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Finical

what do you mean is it always alphbetically?
    Like surnames, whos up first. Mines near end of alphabet I better not be up tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭happydayz182

wow that was inspirational! thank you! this probally my last post for a while..im gettin this pc ouutta my room

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭celtic723

the examiner doesn't go by alphabetical order. they have the sheet and tick random names off.

ye i've too many distractions as well. Xbox, Internet, Tv not very good concoction when the leaving cert is in 2 months time.

I'm W and I'm on the first day!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭celtic723

I'm W and I'm on the first day!

you mighn't be. the examiner will have a list of every Irish student and they haven't a clue who does what level. they will pick a person at random (so im told) and they will tick them off as they go along. i've all my study done so i'm not taking any chances. It's the f****** leaving cert you dafties.

If the school gives them a list, the examiner probably will stick to the order on there. But he/she can chose whatever they want and the school has to let them afaik.

My school has a timetable done out for french, which goes in alphabetical order, in order of base classes.

No real word on Irish, I'd say I'll be around 12 on Wednesday though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

celtic723 wrote: »
    you mighn't be. the examiner will have a list of every Irish student and they haven't a clue who does what level. they will pick a person at random (so im told) and they will tick them off as they go along. i've all my study done so i'm not taking any chances. It's the f****** leaving cert you dafties.

Theres a list of us in order of exam number and thats the order we go in. The exam numbers go alphabetically by each class....im in 6A and my surname starts with S so im 6th in french and 15th in irish. Cant believe some people dont know when their oral is yet! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭Saffy

My surname begins with C and I'm on the last day (of 4) for Irish.

In my school they go by exam numbers. first all the pass students then all the honors.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭Rizzla King

I've been up to my neck in three projects to do which I layed off right until 3 or 4 weeks ago. I've had no time for study. I've my orals this week and I don't know what day I'm doing them because I was out sick today. I'd study incase it's on tomorrow but I have to get my History Project done or else I get detention:mad:. Theres also the distraction of this too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭zonEEE

been doing 3 hours a night for the last while, did 4 tonight when i say study i mean home work and a bit of study, homework at this stage is all exam questions and the like anyways as we have finished the course in every subject.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭timmywex

Had the irish oral today

Allour exam numbers are alphabetical and we had two examiners, one starting at a and the other at h. The school but up the order 2 weeks ago so its easy enoug to work out roughly when itll be. Same with french and german

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭zonEEE

timmywex wrote: »
    Had the irish oral today

Allour exam numbers are alphabetical and we had two examiners, one starting at a and the other at h. The school but up the order 2 weeks ago so its easy enoug to work out roughly when itll be. Same with french and german

eh? how did you have your irish oral today? they dont start till next week.

Advertisement