Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Butterflys!!

• 22-03-2009 7:11pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Reading a thread on here about a girl who said she thought since she was older that she no longer got butterflys when she met somebody but then she did and it made her realise she really liked the guy and it got me thinking. Im 25 and I have never got butterflys from any girl I have ever been with or met. The girl I am with now, its a new relationship and I honestly havent been into another girl as much but I still never got any butterflys. Does this mean that she possibly isnt the right girl for me and Ill know the right girl when I get butterflys or is it each to their own?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

Personally I get butterflies with someone I really really like - but given the case that I've not found 'the one' so far it's not an indication of that alone.
    If you're really into this girl and really like her - don't walk away because you don't have butterflies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭SarahSassy

Do you look foward to seeing her and want to see her romantically more than anyone else? If so, thats 'butterfies'.

Dont worry about it and just enjoy.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,174 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

I've gotten butterflies twice in my whole life. Once at 24 again at 36. I've been wth women I cared about deeply and was very attracted to, before and since but that stuff only happened twice, so It can vary a lot between people. I say go for it. Because with the woman at 24 I didn't have them at first.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Butterfly girl here.

OP I think it's probably different for everyone. I've only had it probably once before now & that was with my first boyfriend when I was 16.

It's just kind of a buzz at meeting someone you click with, it's a good feeling. But I'm pretty sure it's different for everyone. Have you ever had that sort of feeling when a persons name comes up in your phone and you can't help but smile?

OP here. Just read back my original post and have to admit im impressed with my sentence structuring!! Anyway yes, I do smile when I see her number or get an email etc but I never had the traditional butterflies that people talk about. I'm certainly not gonna throw away what I have with her over this but it just made me think that perhaps I'm missing out on meeting someone special who will actually give me those butterflies one day. I suppose though you cant miss what you never had! Maybe in time I may get them with this girl.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,598 ✭✭✭✭prinz

I knew a girl who did that to me once. Turned out she wasn't right for me and I got over that pretty quickly. With another girl now and don't quite get the same feeling but she's perfect for me. I don't put anything by the 'butterflies' feeling thing. It's either there or it's not but I don't think it has any significance about the depth of your feelings, suitability for each other etc. That's the hollywood way.

Hi,

Butterflies are a funny thing. I am with my husband 10 years and don't get them, yet I love him deeply and would do anything for him, but when I think of one particular ex boyfriend after almost 15 years I get butterflies so strong I think I am actually going to be sick.

I often wonder about that and how the reaction is caused.

Advertisement