Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some Questions

Options
  • 22-03-2009 7:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭

I'm trying to get over to Australia at the beginning of April to visit some friends and I just had a few questions. (very short notice, I know!)

Obviously, I've to go from London as there's no direct flights from Dublin. I'm looking at doing it with Singapore Airlines. Would it be easier to do it direct with them or, with say a travel agents? Any other airlines worth considering?

Not looking to go for too long, 2 weeks max. Am I mad to be going for just 2 weeks? Would €2k be enough spending money?

I know I had some other questions to ask, but I can't think of them now!

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Ah Benny you and me have the same plans really. Im visiting family in Perth.

Im flying from Cork through London with Singapore airlines on the 1st April to see my Sister. Flight is full that day from London to Singapore AFAIK.

You can always do Qantas which I checked this morning for the same travel dates and it came to £1200STG each return from Cork.

Air France through Paris is another option but they were €796 more expensive. I was booked with them but when Singapore Airlines released their cheaper fares I was(eventually) refunded and moved over.

I got my flight details through http://www.ebookers.ie and contacted the airlines directly.

The travel agents wanted a total of €270ish more than the airlines just to book the tickets for me. No thanks guys I was not born yesterday and they also wanted over €20 to process a free ETA Visa.

You can always consider flying to Amsterdam instead of London. We are travelling out through London and back through Amsterdam to Cork.

To give you an idea we got a fare of €1048 each return multitrip. You wont get anywhere near that now unless you are lucky.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Diadora

Etihad will fly you direct from Dublin to Melbourne or Sydney - they also seem to be one of the most competitively priced at the mo. I'll be flying them to Dublin in May from Sydney - no more Heathrow stopover - hallelujah!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 dinkle78

i just paid for a one way ticket from dublin to london heathrow (with BMI), then london heathrow to melbourne (with Singapore Air)... I found it far cheaper (a saving of E120) by booking separate flights from dublin to london, then london to melbourne... booked my flights last weekend...

Advertisement