Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to get a Technics Turntable serviced??

Options
  • 22-03-2009 7:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭

Does anyone know where to get a technics turntable serviced?

Is there anywhere in ireland?

??
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Jay D

not many but there are a few, if it's liquid damaged throw it out though.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Lukasz.

thanks for the heads up,

know of anywhere in particular?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,607 ✭✭✭VinylJunkie

I got a quote in SoundsAround before and it was ridiculous.

What needs fixing? Parts are easy to get a hold of and can be found relatively cheaply on e-ebay. There are many tutorial videos on youtube in how to repair common faults such as RCA cables and Pitch sliders.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

Check out these guys: http://www.aquariussound.ie/

And if it's liquid damage, it is still possible to service

I got a quote in SoundsAround before and it was ridiculous.

What needs fixing? Parts are easy to get a hold of and can be found relatively cheaply on e-ebay. There are many tutorial videos on youtube in how to repair common faults such as RCA cables and Pitch sliders.

its to do with a pitch slider,it may need service.
    i can order one off htfr,ha a look at youtube vids to do with that,seems alrite....

• Advertisement

Jev/N wrote: »
    Check out these guys: http://www.aquariussound.ie/

And if it's liquid damage, it is still possible to service

thankyou for your response,i checked out their site and their seems to be a facility for service and repairs.

Ill contact them,and see whats the heads up.

Its great to keep small business like aquarious going strong.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Jay D

sorry for the half info yeah sounds around or liquid in leixlip, think there's a place off wicklow st that does them as well and seriously if they are liquid damaged throw them out, don't be fooled.

Jay D wrote: »
    sorry for the half info yeah sounds around or liquid in leixlip, think there's a place off wicklow st that does them as well and seriously if they are liquid damaged throw them out, don't be fooled.

cool man,its just wear and tear,just needs the old one two.

will have a scout around and see what the craic is.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

Got my pitch sliders replaced and got better quality cables & earths over in Aquarius awhile back, defo recommend them

Off topic but: liquid damage can be repaired! Have you ever opened a deck - it's mostly PCBs and a motor, that's it! everything can be replaced in them!

Jev/N wrote: »
    Got my pitch sliders replaced and got better quality cables & earths over in Aquarius awhile back, defo recommend them

Off topic but: liquid damage can be repaired! Have you ever opened a deck - it's mostly PCBs and a motor, that's it! everything can be replaced in them!

excellent man,thanks for the advice,ill definatly be giving those guys a holla.
    i love my technics.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭SamAK

Lukasz. wrote: »
    i love my technics.

Aaaww....:p

Quote of the day!

Advertisement