Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

17 days late 2 negative tests

• 22-03-2009 8:06pm

Hiya :D
    Im sure you get alot of these messages, Im 17 days late with my period, I took a first responce test last week and another this morning. Both were negative. Iv been off the pill for 3 months now. I dont think iv any symptoms as I never get any period symptoms and dont even notice that your breasts swell before you menstrate, the doctor had to tell me, so much for sex ed :cool:
    Felt like throwing up today but that could be down to the sandwich I bought.
    So its hard to know if im just late or pregnant.
    Has anyone else been this late and got negative results but were pregnant:confused:
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭foxy06

Hi Ricky Colossal Forklift, I wasn't as late as you but I tried the first response test twice and got a negative even after due date. I tried a different brand and got a positive. Don't want to get your hopes up but it might be worth trying a different brand.

Good Luck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Paula_Maula

Hi
    I'm in the same boat. I'm trying to conceive. I stopped taking the pill 17 months ago. Was doing ok with periods, getting back on track then last November they went a bit hay wire. Oct - November was 36 days, Nov - Dec 39day, Dec - Jan 36 days again. Got period end of Jan and nothing since. Its been 53 days since start of last period....
    I've done some tests but have come back negative. Haven't had what you'd call a period (without grossing people out just some slight spotting after going to toilet but nothing on my underwear and certainly not what I'd even call a period|!!!)
    I don't think I've any symptoms but I want this so bad I might be fooling myself into thinking I have.
    Any advice??
    Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 467 ✭✭aoibhebree

Just bear in mind that you're not off the pill long - I've been off it since last summer, periods settled back into regular 30-day cycle straight away until December, and they've been all over the place since then!

Good luck though :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17 TT92

Hi Girls!
    Went through a pretty similar thing myself! This thread might help you out!:)
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055472106

• Well its now 24 days late and still nothing. Took a test sat morning and its still negative. Dont know whats going on.
    If nothing happens this week then il head to the doctor.:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭KittyeeTrix

[quote=[Deleted User];59510383]Hiya :D
    Im sure you get alot of these messages, Im 17 days late with my period, I took a first responce test last week and another this morning. Both were negative. Iv been off the pill for 3 months now. I dont think iv any symptoms as I never get any period symptoms and dont even notice that your breasts swell before you menstrate, the doctor had to tell me, so much for sex ed :cool:
    Felt like throwing up today but that could be down to the sandwich I bought.
    So its hard to know if im just late or pregnant.
    Has anyone else been this late and got negative results but were pregnant:confused:[/quote]

With those pregnancy test you can't get a false positive but you can get a false negative. It could just mean that the pregnancy hormone is not strong enough to be picked up by the test yet or of course it could just mean you are not pregnant.
    Best to get to the doc as a blood test would be the most definitive way of confirming a pregnancy
    Post edited by Boards.ie: Mike on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Paula_Maula

Well I went to doctor today. He did test and it was negative so I guess I'm not pregnant :( He is sending samples to the hospital to see why I'm so bloody late. Guess I'll just have to wait and see.
    Thanks for the advice though.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

With those pregnancy test you can't get a false positive

i had a false postive - so yes you can

• Ok so im really late now, went to the doctors and had a negative urine test. Getting blood tests done thurs. He thinks it could be pcos:(
    I hope he is wrong.
    Will keep you posted

Advertisement