Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Neighbour planted hedging very close to fence, it will grow over my side

Options
  • 22-03-2009 8:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭

So, my neighbour planted hedging very close to our boundry fence (it's a very old chain link, it will grow over my side and I'll end up having to cut it on my side.
    What can I do? Soliciters letter or what?

There was hedging before and she got rid of most of it, It had overgworn over to my side and I ended up cutting my side, as it would grow nearly two meters into my side if left.
    The bit she left was about 6 meters long and grew 1 1/2 meters on my side and she mentioned she'd get her son to cut it after the birds had finished nesting, so I waited and waited and then (after taking loads of pain medicine) cut it right back over a ew days.
    I can't be doing this these days as I have arthritis and other medical problems.
    Her new hedging is Griselinia littoralis (as far as I can tell, I looked it up)
    This if spaced at 1.5 feet it gives a proper hedge.
    This has been planted <1 foot (probably 1/2 foot) from the fence.

Any advise gladly accepted

Thanks,
    s

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,389 ✭✭✭Carlow52

From a legal perspective, and on the basis that this is not advice, you are entitled to cut the hedge that overhangs your property and put the clippings back over the wall/fence.

There is not much else you can do.

I will PM u another solution

Advertisement