Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

In your opinion, is this a good price?

• 22-03-2009 8:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭

I have, for a while, been toying with the idea of upgrading to a Canon 40D from a 400D.

So, having shopped around, and finally settling with a price for one, I get offered a Canon 50D with a 17-85mm IS lens & 2GB CF card for €1,450.00 from a retailer.

Now, I have researched the internet for prices and the cheapest I can come up with is good 'ole B&H in NY for the dollar equivelent to €1,000 + loose change or I could save about €50 going through pixmania.

I have taken into consideration the ease that the shop is local & the warrenty etc (rather than buy from NY again).

Do you think, €1,450 is a good price?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭Overblood

I'd stick with the 40d man. It's pretty much the same camera, but of course cheaper.

Check out this thread:

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055384973&highlight=50d

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭Trojan911

Overblood wrote: »
    I'd stick with the 40d man. It's pretty much the same camera, but of course cheaper.

Check out this thread:

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055384973&highlight=50d

Thanks. I did a lot of my research here on Boards.ie for where I buy the camera and about the camera.

I've been offered the 50D for €150 more than I would have paid for the 40D with the above lens, that's where the temptation is......

I like the 40D & 50D. Either one will do me for what I want....... It's a big investment so I thought I would throw it out for opinions, but for the sake of €150 extra.... well.... I might consider the 40D with a better lens....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭AnimalRights

If it's just €150 I'd get the 50D.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭Overblood

Still seems a bit expensive. Have you tried ebay? You could get a 40d and a sigma 17-70mm (which I believe is better than the 17-85mm) for less than €1000...

This + This = sorted for 910.961113 Euros

And with the 600euro leftover you can go on a holiday! Whoopeeeeeeee

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭shepthedog

Have you tried Calumet in Belfast, got a 40D and 580 flash from them at Xmas and was very happy with it overall..
    I had a quick look, Canon 50D Body with 17-85mm Lens Kit £1,090.00 which works out seriously cheaper than above option...

Good luck with the purchase.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭Trojan911

Thanks all.

I will look at all of the above. I still might be able to drop this guys price a bit.

Much appreciated. Great forum & a great source for information, must contribute more often, but holding back a bit while I finish my course.... :D

Advertisement