Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Death

• 22-03-2009 9:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭

Is it ok to look forward to it..

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,857 ✭✭✭Valmont

If that's what you're into then why not? This thread is hardly suited to the psychology forum. If you have any personal issues with death OP I would ask the lovely people in the personal issues forum or see a counsellor.

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭eire2009

Just makin sure its not insane to think that way

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Amed22

have to say its a bit strange looking forward to death although not insane cos really how do you define sanity??
    Can I just ask what it is your looking forward to? is it to see what happens next or do you just not like being alive cos that might be a problem

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

eire2009 wrote: »
    Just makin sure its not insane to think that way

To me, "looking forward to death" equates to "suicidal".

Amed22 wrote: »
    have to say its a bit strange looking forward to death although not insane cos really how do you define sanity??
    Can I just ask what it is your looking forward to? is it to see what happens next or do you just not like being alive cos that might be a problem

I dont see the point in worring about it or fearing death so ive chosen to lookforward to it and accept it as a part of life..

I also cant wait to see what happens and if nothing happens then theres no point in living or dieing really so it wont matter then...

I dont mind being alive I enjoy it form time to time and dont from time to time just normal life of ups and downs ...
    Im a bit spotanious at times I read somewhere that this could be caused by early alchol abuse but I dont think so I recon its just in my nature..

But I get what the doctors call benine faculations in nerves/muscels and times keeps me awake alot so I get lots of time to think

• Advertisement

eth0_ wrote: »
    To me, "looking forward to death" equates to "suicidal".

No I wouldnt say that....
    I have thought about it but Ive never took one step towards doing it or planing it..Like robbing a bank

I can turn my emotions off when times get hard people think I dont care but whats the point in crying about stuff you cant change..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,857 ✭✭✭Valmont

I dont see the point in worring about it or fearing death so ive chosen to lookforward to it and accept it as a part of life..

I also cant wait to see what happens and if nothing happens then theres no point in living or dieing really so it wont matter then...

I dont mind being alive I enjoy it form time to time and dont from time to time just normal life of ups and downs ...
    Im a bit spotanious at times I read somewhere that this could be caused by early alchol abuse but I dont think so I recon its just in my nature..

But I get what the doctors call benine faculations in nerves/muscels and times keeps me awake alot so I get lots of time to think

You sound like a normal person to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 Karen09

so if you were told tommorow that you were going to die next week u wouldnt mind?? sorry about the negative image but just trying to understand... death doesnt scare me but iv so much i want to do before i do die.. do u not feel this way?? :confused:

Karen09 wrote: »
    so if you were told tommorow that you were going to die next week u wouldnt mind?? sorry about the negative image but just trying to understand... death doesnt scare me but iv so much i want to do before i do die.. do u not feel this way?? :confused:

Maybe so,
    but If you do everyting you want to do, then whats the point in living?? for things you dont want to do- dosnt make sence.

Rest asured aslong as you live there will be things you want to do or enjoy doing so wether you die today or tomorrow there will still be things you want to do before you die.

Therefore the fact you want to do stuff shouldnt be a factor in the realisation of definite death.

Besides there should be things to do after you die if theres not well then its not going to matter what you did or didnt do which dosnt make sence either.

Confused yet ?? lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 Karen09

Maybe so,
    but If you do everyting you want to do, then whats the point in living?? for things you dont want to do- dosnt make sence.

Rest asured aslong as you live there will be things you want to do or enjoy doing so wether you die today or tomorrow there will still be things you want to do before you die.

Therefore the fact you want to do stuff shouldnt be a factor in the realisation of definite death.

Besides there should be things to do after you die if theres not well then its not going to matter what you did or didnt do which dosnt make sence either.

Confused yet ?? lol

yeah that is rather confusing but i think i know where ur comin from... but im quite confused about u saying there should be things to do after you die..im no sceptic but there is no actual solid facts that there is anything after death... however, i would too like to believe that there is, but surely you should enjoy wat u no does exist aka life on earth while it lasts??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭cathy01

I'm wondering if its more, not death you look forward to, but the end of living.For some it can be a very long time on this plant.80 years or more.If you think about it, you would get fed up...just living, day by day, same old same old etc .And , as we dont know for sure whats happening "on the other side", it could be something to look forward to.The curiosity would bring some excitement. Like fear of the unknown , but the fear ,brings excitment,which can make waiting all the harder.
    I wouldn't see it at all, as been suicidal. Just honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 boards.iemember

I look forward to death all the time. Mainly because I'm a failure and a waste of space, no one wants to even be around me, I despise myself.

The title 'death' caught my eye, so I just HAD to reply.

I look forward to death all the time. Mainly because I'm a failure and a waste of space, no one wants to even be around me, I despise myself.

The title 'death' caught my eye, so I just HAD to reply.

lol maybe,
    your a sucess, your space is wasted, everybody wants to be around you and you love yourself..
    And still look forward to death because its facinating.

upbeat thread

Advertisement