Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Crusaders v Wakefield called off due to tragic death of Leon Walker

• 22-03-2009 10:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭

This just breaking news now... Seems a a serious injury to a Wakefield player in a reserve match at Maesteg, in South Wales, earlier, has resulted in his tragic death:(.
    The RFL has postponed tonight's fixture between Celtic Crusaders and Wakefield Wildcats due to "unforeseen circumstances".

The announcement came just 35 minutes before the match in Bridgend - set to be televised live on Sky Sports - was due to kick-off.

On the Crusaders' official website a statement read: "This game has been postponed due to unforeseen circumstances. The RFL will issue a further statement later this evening. We are unable to answer any questions on this at the time."

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭toomevara

Terrible news, it's Leon walker..a great, great tragedy for him, his family and the sport..nothing more to be said really except, RIP...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

I could go on a rant about the media etc. but it's not the time or the place. Tremendous tragedy, my thoughts are with his family.
    RIP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭couerdelion

21 years of age, his full life ahead of him.

My thoughts with his family. It really is a tremendous tragedy.

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭WakeyTyke

As a Wakefield fan for nearly 40 years I am numb with the catalogue of tragedy that has befallen the club in the past year.

The loss of some of the Trinity's great players David Topliss, Don Fox, Ken Hirst, Adam Watene and now young Leon Walker has been truly heart-breaking for the club.

RIP Leon Walker - may the Wakey greats light your way

Advertisement