Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Star MP7 mags

Options
  • 22-03-2009 10:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭

I am having problems with 100 round Star mags for my MP7. I got a box of 5 from Firesupport 2 weeks ago. Two of them didn't work when I opened the box - there was no follower. Today a third has broken, with the same problem, the follower/spring is gone. It has only been used for plinking so far and had been reloaded 4-5 times.

I am talking to the Firesupport guys at the moment (they have already said they will replace the first 2), but I am wondering if anyone can help me with figuring out what has happened to these, how to open them (if possible) and what I might be able to do to fix them.

Thank for any suggestions.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 897 ✭✭✭tonky

Sliabh, This is the Toyko Marui MP7 ?
    I think maybe Star copied the TM mag design, but didn't quite get it right.
    The TM mag pushes the follower right up but holds short of popping out, if you get what I mean. What do you mean the Star follower/spring is gone: did the spring or spring support break?. I am waiting on some MAG brand MP7 & AK mags to arrive to try out. I use MAG M4 and MP5 & TM MP7 mags without any problem, I hope the MAG MP7/AK mags will work out also. Was going to get Star MP7's but will hold off after hearing of your prob, I know Star have a good rep for other mags than the MP7.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭sliabh

The gun is a TM MP& all right, and the mags are star. Sorry if my description isn't clear, I am a little unsure of some of the terms. But a picture should be clearer :-)
    3394700982_eeedffaae0.jpg

The one on the left is working and the follower is visible. The two on the right arrived with no follower visible. I am guessing that the spring and follower are sticking inside the mag.

I have been trying to see can I open these up in order to free the springs, but with no success.

Yesterday I managed to reclaim 2 of the three mags by very vigorous shaking over several minutes. But that isn't a field fix, and I am pretty sure they will jam again. And because I couldn't fix the third one this way, I can't be sure that this will work every time.

So I am still trying to understand how I might open the mag, and I would be interested in hearing how you get on with the MAG brand ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭sliabh

Today's lesson regarding the TM MP7 is that it is pernickity about the BBs you feed it. It was choking (not feeding, and double feeding) on bioval 0.23g bbs. Once I changed over to excel 0.23g bbs all was good again.

I still haven't sorted out the third mag.

Advertisement