Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DIT/TUI

Options
  • 22-03-2009 10:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭

With the teachers strikes going ahead and this letter sent out to third level colleges will DIT be part of this?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭Jokesetal

Dublin Colleges Branch

TUI has served strike notice on DIT. Members are directed to withdraw their services on Monday, 30 March 2009. This is in response to the Government's refusal to pay the increases due this year under the National Agreement and the imposition of an unfair Pension Levy on public sector workers.

If the Government enters talks with ICTU, it is likely that the strike will be called off.
    Your local representative will distribute a roster for picket duty.

Domhnall Sheridan
    Branch Secretary

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Kensington

Any idea will the DIT campuses be open on that day?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 995 ✭✭✭Ass

Jaysus, that's just great...

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭bohsfan

I cant imagine the campus will close just cos the lecturers are off

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭BC

The porters/admin staff etc would be covered by the IMPACT union.
    Haven't heard yet if they have voted.

Either way, the building has to be open. Staff on strike are not allowed to prevent other staff doing their job. But i'd guess there'll be a very limited service. If impact go you may be able to get into the libraries but not take out any books...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Kensington

Grand, once the labs are open, and I can work on my project I don't really care.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭BC

Impact voted no yesterday so only the lecturers will be on strike...

Advertisement