Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How much is a full sleeve? (average)

Options
  • 22-03-2009 10:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Just wondering how much would i be looking at for maybe a full or 3/4 sleeve small surface area im a girl.
    Or if any girls have sleeves maybe tell me about them? how much? where they were done? How long did it take?
    I know prices will be different eveywhere jus looking for a range!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Seraphicblue

a range? it really does depend
    see all sleeves are different
    it depends on how much area you have to cover
    it depends on the artist
    it depends on what you want to get done(detail)
    it depends on how long it takes
    it depends on whether you want it in colour
    so a range can be anything of 1000 plus(from what i've seen)
    but i'd say if you have your sleeve planned, go around to local shops and just enquire
    good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭Fantasy_Suicide

I'm expectin to pay between 800-1000 for mine. It totally depends on the work and the artist as SB said.

Do let us know how you get on!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭bounty_hunter

^ FS just a side note but you might wanna set aside a bit more of a budget for yours just in case. Mine is looking like it's gonna cost over a grand by the time it's finished and it doesn't have nearly as much specific details as yours (it's mostly nature themed so there's a lot more more generic shading involved whereas yours will take very careful and precise colouring of the characters to be accurate).

niamhmw - your question is impossible to answer. It depends entirely on what you want and exactly how you want it, as well as how much skin it has to cover, how long you can sit for, where you go, etc. etc. What Seraphicblue said.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

I got a quote recently of 1500 for a full horror/slasher movie themed sleeve.Gone on the back burner for a while since I cant really afford that at the minute though :(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 37,302 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Hellrazer wrote: »
    a full horror/slasher movie themed sleeve
    Nice :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

I got a quote recently of 1500 for a full horror/slasher movie themed sleeve.Gone on the back burner for a while since I cant really afford that at the minute though :(:(
    Sounds awesome! Maybe get it done in when-you-can-afford-it segments?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Sounds awesome! Maybe get it done in when-you-can-afford-it segments?

Yeah Im going to try and do something like that.Outline alone is about 600 which I havent really got either.See what happens!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,100 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

I'm in the process of having mine done. Its Japanese style, covers from my shoulder down to my forearm, but I'm gonna think about getting it extended a little bit more. Its lined, blacked, and shaded, and all that's left is the colour. Anyway, I must have spent about 1000 - 1200 so far and its still not finished. It depends on if they charge by the hour or for the job.

I would say prob better to go by the hour, because then you can keep going back and book 2 hours or whatever, and you can manage the expense. If its an "all in" price they might rush it or not do it properly. I dunno.

If you are getting a sleeve, the artist may take the whole first session drawing it (its depends on what it is). My artist spent about 2 hours drawing it freehand, rubbing it off, starting again etc, till we were happy with the design. He didn't charge me until he started tattooing. He might line it out first in water ink before using tattoo ink.

So I would say budget about 1000, and if you come under then cool. But pay as you go, don't pay all at once.

Check out Michele's work in Art Tattoo, where I'm getting mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

I would say prob better to go by the hour, because then you can keep going back and book 2 hours or whatever, and you can manage the expense. If its an "all in" price they might rush it or not do it properly. I dunno.
    So I would say budget about 1000, and if you come under then cool. But pay as you go, don't pay all at once.

I wouldn't really agree there at all. When giving a price per piece you'd probably save a little money, and I can't see the artist rushing to get it done or anything like that. They're just as likely to take their time and try to get it all right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 954 ✭✭✭marti101

My 1/2 sleeve cost 500 but to get it finished its gonna be another grand,so the best bit of advice is get it done bit by bit as you can afford but by the same artist for a set price.That way you know the finished price but you get the its done you can afford.Plus you might get a better deal as its a decent size,so shop around but get decent recomendations.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭Jimmy Trigger

How long is a piece of string??? haha

It could anything from €100 to €10,000.

It could anything from €100 to €10,000.

Jaysus €100.00??
    We talking prison style here?

€100.00 and sexual favours maybe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

Or could be the french minimalist style and just have a single line down your arm :pac:

Jaysus €100.00??
    We talking prison style here?

€100.00 and sexual favours maybe.

I have a needle and a bottle of indian ink,
    for another tenner Il throw in a handjob...? to far?
    sorry ;)

I have a needle and a bottle of indian ink,
    for another tenner Il throw in a handjob...? to far?
    sorry ;)

If I throw in another 20 will you make it a blowjob??:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

Oh dear jeebus!

Out! Out! the lot of ye! filthy beasts

For $1 you can watch me touch my toes
    $2 Il touch your toes,
    $3 you can watch me jerk off
    $4 Il watch you jerk off
    $5 for a HJ
    $6 for a BJ
    $7 for a ZJ

If you dont know what a ZJ is, you cant afford it son ;)
    hahahaha ...Name that movie.

Anyway, completly off the topic...sleeve's n ****.ha

Will wrote: »
    Oh dear jeebus!

Out! Out! the lot of ye! filthy beasts

And you know you want in on this big boi ;)

ANYWAY...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭enimakat

For $1 you can watch me touch my toes
    $2 Il touch your toes,
    $3 you can watch me jerk off
    $4 Il watch you jerk off
    $5 for a HJ
    $6 for a BJ
    $7 for a ZJ

If you dont know what a ZJ is, you cant afford it son ;)
    hahahaha ...Name that movie.

Anyway, completly off the topic...sleeve's n ****.ha

somebody get a beer sleeve and then its on topic!! aw beerfest wat a film!!

Advertisement