Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Iphone x O2 Pay monthly

Options
  • 22-03-2009 10:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 28

Hi folks,

I need a help, I bought an Iphone (pay monthly, Iphone 700) 45 days ago, but I got layoff few days ago, with the crises I don't think I will be able to get another job, specially in case because my student visa will expire soon. So unfortanetely I probably will go back home.
    What can I do about my contract with 02? What could happens if I couldn't pay the next bills?

Cheers Folks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Pete4779

If you leave the country and don't complete a contract the same penalty would apply if you break any other contract. The consequences would depend on which country you are going back to, and what aggreements are in place in terms of credit and financial fraud are in place.

O2 could, if they wanted, sell the debt to a debt collection agency in the country of origin. I assume that they know which country as you probably had to produce ID to get a contract phone.

The best thing to do, IMHO, is to call O2 and tell them what happened. They may agree some sort of buyout of the contract or allow it to be stopped.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭O2_Daryll

Can you contact us through Talk2O2@O2.com and we can discuss it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 Orakulo

Can you contact us through Talk2O2@O2.com and we can discuss it.

Ok I will call

Advertisement