Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clearance?

• 22-03-2009 11:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭

Hi Lads,

Working in dublin as a subbie and got a call recently about a job in dublin airport. The lad told me i'd need garda clearance. Went to my local station who gave me the number of templemore. Called them and they told me to call the airport garda. Called them and they told me to contact my nearest/local garda!! Going round in a few circles here!! Can anyone tell me how to get garda clearance? (i've a crime free background by the way:D)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,517 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Do you not get in touch with the Garda Central Vetting Unit?
    Racecourse Road
    Thurles
    Tipperary
    Ireland
    Tel:
    +353 (0)504 27300
    Fax:
    +353 (0)504 27373

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭TheNog

Sierra is right the vetting office is the place to contact.
    Tbh the last I heard was the vetting office no longer do vetting for people but rather the company/employer has to register with them first. Could be wrong though. I know my g/f got her vetting done for herself a couple of years ago

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭Whitewater-AGS

Op i worked in the airport for a good while before joining AGS, and up until I left you had to go to the Airport Police(station is on arrivals level) and fill out some forms there which they then sent off to have you checked out. As far as i'm aware thats still the process, and as the nog said the vetting unit will not do personal vetting it has to come from your employer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,084 ✭✭✭eroo

Op i worked in the airport for a good while before joining AGS, and up until I left you had to go to the Airport Police(station is on arrivals level) and fill out some forms there which they then sent off to have you checked out. As far as i'm aware thats still the process, and as the nog said the vetting unit will not do personal vetting it has to come from your employer.

+1 Airport Police will have clearance forms for you to fill out. Current/former address', ever been convicted etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭newmills

Thanks everyone. I can nip out to the airport and have a chat with someone there. As i'm self employed it means i am my own boss so that's one less hoop to jump through!! Thanks again lads.