Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FF TDs and ministers back unity government

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,290 ✭✭✭dresden8

tech2 wrote: »
    What do ye all make of this? Im not sure the opposition would go for this as the polls favour them at the moment.

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/ff-tds-and-ministers-back-unity-government-1681984.html

For the last 12 years FF have been saying FG and Labour are clueless idiots and now they're calling on them to pull their arses out of the fire.

If the government are prepared to admit they can't govern they should step aside and let the opposition do the job.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

I think this sums up what I imagine is the real reason for the majority of Finna Fail(ure) members in favour of unity government;
    There is also an increasing realisation within Fianna Fail that entering a unity government is the best way of protecting the party from an electoral wipe-out at future elections, with particular focus on the pending local and European elections.

For the good of the country and all that ... all shoulders to the wheel and all that ...

/cough

Whilst I don't doubt that something akin to the tallaght strategy of the 80s may well be needed, but I dispair of self-serving agenda rather than genuine cause

Advertisement