Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Network Load Balancing

Options
  • 23-03-2009 12:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭

I've found myself in the position of having two Internet connections to my apartment [long story]

One is a cable connection and the other is on DSL I'm trying to work out how to configure a linux based machine to act as a load balancer and then pass the connection onto my router

i'm pretty sure i can do the network sharing part but i'm not sure how to set up the balancing between the WAN links

I've put together a PC out of parts i had in the place to do it and i've a faily long list of operating systems too choose from

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭noclee

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭johnciall

You are a gentleman & a scholar, one more question i'm having trouble understanding part of the routing table stuff when it says this:

Finally, let $P1_NET be the IP network $P1 is in, and $P2_NET the IP network $P2 is in.

Am i right in assuming it's looking for the network address of the range?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

johnciall wrote: »
    You are a gentleman & a scholar, one more question i'm having trouble understanding part of the routing table stuff when it says this:

Finally, let $P1_NET be the IP network $P1 is in, and $P2_NET the IP network $P2 is in.

Am i right in assuming it's looking for the network address of the range?

looks like it's looking for the network the gateway address is in.

e.g. if the gateway was 192.168.1.1/24

the network it's in is 192.168.1.0

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭noclee

Yes the network is the first ip in the range, all 0's in binary host portion.

Advertisement