Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Communication tool?

• 23-03-2009 1:01am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭

Could you recommend me a phone, that is friendly to use, with lots of free applications, possibly WiFi compatible and is capable of e-mail, skype, ICQ, twitter and web browsing? I won't be on-line in my new job. If the phone could play some music and even videos, that would not be bad feature.
    I have always preferred a phone, that was a phone (calls, messages, camera), so I don't have a clue.
    I was thinking about HTC Touch Pro 2. Do you have any opinions on this phone?
    Thank you in advance for your time and effort.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 878 ✭✭✭Kurn

Maybe i'll get some hate mail here - but what about the iPhone 1st Gen, has much of what you mentioned above - unless you are not a fan of touch screens, also 3Mobile have a social networking phone I think ,but as you say ur leaving Ireland maybe something SIM free?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭ThOnda

I would prefer qwerty HW keyboard. And also the phone does not have to be bought here in Ireland, it depends purely on price comparison. I am looking for advice on phone.
    I have considered iPhone, but I am a little depressed by access to free applications and compatibility with media formats.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Rsaeire

ThOnda wrote: »
    Could you recommend me a phone, that is friendly to use, with lots of free applications, possibly WiFi compatible and is capable of e-mail, skype, ICQ, twitter and web browsing? I won't be on-line in my new job. If the phone could play some music and even videos, that would not be bad feature.
    I have always preferred a phone, that was a phone (calls, messages, camera), so I don't have a clue.
    I was thinking about HTC Touch Pro 2. Do you have any opinions on this phone?
    Thank you in advance for your time and effort.

The HTC Touch Pro2 seems like a great handset but, as it hasn't been released yet, there's little information with regard to reviews. The original HTC Touch Pro and Sony Ericsson XPERIA X1i received great reviews, so you may wish to look into either of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭strecker

Nokia e71... Ticks all your boxes!
    It's got everything you want built in or a click away for free download!

It's sturdy, yet sleek.
    Battery lasts forever.
    Various youtube apps; coreplayer plays everything you throw at it. Email setup is simple. Built im browser supports youtube, google video etc... Other free browsers like opera mini are less feature rich but help keep your bill small by compressing data... Apps like snaptu give you twitter, facebook etc...
    hundreds and hundreds of freeware apps - if you add a palm os emulator, there are thousands more!
    It plugs into any pc for file transfer and internet share (both ways); wifi is great as is gps... Camera's ok under good light.
    Earphone socket unfortunately is 2.5mm but for a euro you get an adaptor; and sennheiser sell good earphones with 2.5mm plug for under 20 euro!
    best: because of it's quality built and state of the art features it can be resold for decent money!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 878 ✭✭✭Kurn

E71 is a very nice phone, find the keys a little small myself, but it has all the functions user is looking for, may be a little pricey SIM free

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭strecker

johnmryan wrote: »
    E71 is a very nice phone, find the keys a little small myself, but it has all the functions user is looking for, may be a little pricey SIM free

Well, the op mentions a htc that isn't exactly cheap hahaha...
    And if he always had just phones that 'are just phones', my gut says the E71 might be easier to get to grips with than a winmo?

Advertisement